ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

made redundant after spouse visa application submitted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sami1819
Newly Registered

made redundant after spouse visa application submitted

Post by sami1819 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 am

Hi i applied on the 3rd of march with all my documents , my documents were very good, for spouse settlement visa on the 10th of march I was made redundant, I just want to know do the immigration check this after application is submitted, because im scared my wifes visa will be refused if they find out i dont have a job anymore, or do they not check this, i still have my savings of £6000

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:01 am

I don't think they will investigate if you still have job. Don't worry, she will easily get the dependent visa. Just chill about this worry and look for job before she arrives. Cheers!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 am

I don't think they will investigate if you still have job. Don't worry, she will easily get the dependent visa. Just chill about this worry and look for job before she arrives. Cheers!
Sorry but I have to disagree with this completely.The Embassy do make certain enquiries from different sources in the UK to substantiate the application.These vary from local authority departments , Inland Revenue,employers etc.

If I were you I would try and find a job asap and not chill out like stated above.

sami1819
Newly Registered

Post by sami1819 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am

ok but i dnt think they necessarily check

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 pm

If he doesn't reveal the fact then it will be argued the visa has been obtained by deception. Keeping quiet is not a wise thing to do.