ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate ?Old and New ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Marriage certificate ?Old and New ?

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi,

I am working in UK for last one year on WP. I am planning to apply for tier 1 + 1 dependent. I have got WP extention two times in this period. My wife has also got dependent of WP holder extention two times.

I had a marriage certificate written in Hindi language and it has always been accepted in WP. Recently I have submitted my Hindi marriage certificate to the Indian authorities (Who issues this certificate in our city) and got a new marriage certificate written in English language which looks completely different from the old one.

Now when I submit my tier-1 application and submit the new marriage certificate then can it create any problem as these people might have my old marriage certificate in their databse.
Kindly suggest what shall I do ?

1. Do they really cross verify in their database ?
2. Shall I clarify it in the cover letter ?

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Marriage certificate ?Old and New ?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:Hi,

I am working in UK for last one year on WP. I am planning to apply for tier 1 + 1 dependent. I have got WP extention two times in this period. My wife has also got dependent of WP holder extention two times.

I had a marriage certificate written in Hindi language and it has always been accepted in WP. Recently I have submitted my Hindi marriage certificate to the Indian authorities (Who issues this certificate in our city) and got a new marriage certificate written in English language which looks completely different from the old one.

Now when I submit my tier-1 application and submit the new marriage certificate then can it create any problem as these people might have my old marriage certificate in their databse.
Kindly suggest what shall I do ?

1. Do they really cross verify in their database ?
2. Shall I clarify it in the cover letter ?

Thanks
Since you have got both the marriage certificates in Hand.... submit them both... which would counter if they verify(which i doubt they will do) and you can mention this in the cover letter of ur wife when you submit her application with yours....

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:42 pm

I had to submit my marriage certificate in Hindi to Indian authorities. So now I have new marriage certificate with me which is in English . So I can not submit both of the certificate.
Now what shall I do ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I had to submit my marriage certificate in Hindi to Indian authorities. So now I have new marriage certificate with me which is in English . So I can not submit both of the certificate.
Now what shall I do ?
I dont think it will cause any problem at all. I hope the name of the spouse remain the same as it was in the earlier english translation of the Marriage Certificate.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer