ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent's maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Dependent's maintenance fund

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi,

I am applying for in-country tier 1 including dependent.

I have been in UK for more than 12 months. I have received salary for whole of my stay in UK on a monthly basis but I have only 11 payslips(Started receiving payslips from the second month). My 12th payslip is yet to come.

I have enough funds for me and my wife to show as maintenance funds. But UKBA website( http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/ ) says that
"If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.

If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.

"
1. Now which category I will fall in ? 1600 GBP or 533 GBP ?
2. What proof do I need to give that I have lived in UK for more than 12 months ?
3. If my wife's application (dependent application) got rejected (Due to this reason or any other reason) then does that mean that my application will also be rejected ?

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent's maintenance fund

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Visa_Novice wrote: 1. Now which category I will fall in ? 1600 GBP or 533 GBP ?
You fall in 533 category.
Visa_Novice wrote:2. What proof do I need to give that I have lived in UK for more than 12 months ?
Immigration Stamp on your passport reflects the date on which you landed in UK. So that is enough proof, as you will be submitting your passport. Beside HO will anyway have your landing records.
Visa_Novice wrote:3. If my wife's application (dependent application) got rejected (Due to this reason or any other reason) then does that mean that my application will also be rejected ?
I don't think it should happen. But never heard of any such situation.May be other experienced member of forum can advice.