ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Expiray before Visa Validity

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eashkuma4
India

Passport Expiray before Visa Validity

Post by eashkuma4 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi,

My Passport gets expired in Dec 2010 and I have to extend my HSMP Visa in May 2009 under tier 1 general.

When I extend my Visa will it be given for another 3 years without taking into account the expiry date of passport or will it be extended until my passport expiry date i.e Dec 2010 instead 3 years from May 2009?

Please help me in understanding this, it is good if some one replies to this message who had the similar situatio along with thier expereince

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Option 1. You can apply for visa and get it stamped on your current passport. After passport renewal, you can transfer your visa on your new passport.

Option 2. You can renew your passport before your visa expires. At the time of your visa renewal, send you both passports to home office and your new visa will be stamped on your new passport.

Hope this would help.