ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should be written in Grade field

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nachiketpa
Newly Registered

What should be written in Grade field

Post by nachiketpa » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:37 am

Hi,
In my diploma I don't have any information about grade, what should I write in the field in Tier 1 application form.

Thank you.

muruga14
Newly Registered

Re: What should be written in Grade field

Post by muruga14 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:32 am

nachiketpa wrote:Hi,
In my diploma I don't have any information about grade, what should I write in the field in Tier 1 application form.

Thank you.
first make sure if your diploma and awarding body is listed in the points calculator, if you dont have information about grade just enter pass.

nachiketpa
Newly Registered

Post by nachiketpa » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Yes, I found my university in point base calculator. I have another doubt in my diploma it is written that I was "qualified as Methematician and System Programmer", do I need to write it into the field Qualification? There is not enough space :(

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:27 pm

If I were you, I would check the quivalence of my Diploma degree with UK equivalence (even if the University is present in PBS).
A university can award multiple degrees but not all are equivalent to UK degrees.
Generally Diplomas are considered as 10+3 (which is not Bachelors Degree). Other diplomas like PDBM etc. are not valid in UK(Even IIMs).

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:49 pm

If you are referring to the Qualification field under Qualification Assesment in Appendix form, then i dont see any reason why you would not be able to fill it up. I just checked and you can fill it up easily on your computer.

Are you filling it up with Pen or you filling it on your computer. I suggest you use your compute instead of Pen, its more easier, clean and appealing. Let me know if you have any concern.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:14 pm

chetanojha wrote:If I were you, I would check the quivalence of my Diploma degree with UK equivalence (even if the University is present in PBS).
A university can award multiple degrees but not all are equivalent to UK degrees.
Generally Diplomas are considered as 10+3 (which is not Bachelors Degree). Other diplomas like PDBM etc. are not valid in UK(Even IIMs).
Post Graduate Diplomas for management awarded by the six IIMs are equivalent to British Masters :)

Send in the degree and transcripts to NARIC for an evaluation and they will confirm the same.