ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to Tier1 switchers therad

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dosknyppxpuxtg
Newly Registered

WP to Tier1 switchers therad

Post by dosknyppxpuxtg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:13 am

Hi All,

Like many others on WP, the current recession has bugged me enough to consider a switch to Tier1, even though with the grace of the Almighty, I'm in a decent and seemingly stable job.

However, yesterday late in the evening, when I was going through my RSS feeds, to my utter disbelief I came across the new Tier1 regulations, which basically spells doom for folks like me with no option to switch to Tier1 after 31st March, no matter how much money we earn or how good a professionals we are. Our crime, we don't have a masters degree!

I was hoping to take things a bit lazily for the Tier1 switch, but now it seems that the days are literally numbered my friends, so unless we're willing to depend on our employers not to make us redundant till our time for ILR comes, its action time.

I'm starting this thread in the hope of tracking progress for my fellow WP to Tier1 switchers, specially the ones who've decided to take the last boat before the new rules come into play on the 31st.

Good luck!