ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Middle Name

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicky123
Newly Registered

Middle Name

Post by nicky123 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi all,

I have a middle name that shows up under "Given name(s)" in my passport, but does not show up on some of the supporting documentation I am supplying (e.g. pay slips, degree) because some institutions do not ask for middle name or only include first name. Is this going to be a problem? How should I deal with it?

Thanks for your help!

nicky123
Newly Registered

Post by nicky123 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Can anyone help me with my question below? I am planning on applying this week, so it's urgent.

To be more specific, the following documents do not show my middle name:
- Degree
- Letter from Employer / Payslips
- Bank statements

Will this be a problem? The only work around / compromise I can think of is including the following supporting evidence and explaining the situation:
- I received a letter from my university stating that I completed my degree and that it was taught in English. This letter include my middle name
- I can ask my employer to re-issue the letter with my middle name
- I can ask my bank to write letters linking my full name to the account numbers shown on my statements

Will this be sufficient? Is it better to highlight the issue or ignore it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ashokccs

Post by ashokccs » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:19 am

nicky123 wrote:Can anyone help me with my question below? I am planning on applying this week, so it's urgent.

To be more specific, the following documents do not show my middle name:
- Degree
- Letter from Employer / Payslips
- Bank statements

Will this be a problem? The only work around / compromise I can think of is including the following supporting evidence and explaining the situation:
- I received a letter from my university stating that I completed my degree and that it was taught in English. This letter include my middle name
- I can ask my employer to re-issue the letter with my middle name
- I can ask my bank to write letters linking my full name to the account numbers shown on my statements

Will this be sufficient? Is it better to highlight the issue or ignore it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi Nicky,

Not sure but this could create a problem at the BHC as they are very much particular about these kinda things and even I faced these name not matchin kinda things and I have taken time to correct them all, and would be applying on 26th March.

Suggest you to go ahead and ensure your full name is present on all the documents.
Seniors, pls comment and help nicky.

All the very best,
Ash.

nicky123
Newly Registered

Post by nicky123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:34 am

Thanks for sharing your experience Ash! How did you manage to correct the names on your documents? I think it will be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to get my degree, bank statements, and payslips re-issued with a different name. Will the supporting evidence that links my full name with the required evidence be sufficient (i.e. letter from university stating that I completed my degree with my full name, and date matching actual certificate, bank letter linking full name to account number on statements)?

Has anybody else had experience with this?

Thanks!
Nicky

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:39 am

I think you can provide an affidavit explaining the same.
I had similar situation where spell of my surname in passport is different from the one mentioned on academic documents. Get an affidavit from some notary and it should do.

nicky123
Newly Registered

Post by nicky123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks for your advice chetanojha! Could you please tell me what you had to do to get an affidavit? Will I need to take any specific documentation to the notary?