ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much it costs for 1 hr immigration solicitor advise?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ch15

How much it costs for 1 hr immigration solicitor advise?

Post by ch15 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi, can anyone let me know how much does it cost to consult an immigration solicitor for about an hour.

My Tier 1 visa got rejected and given chance to appeal, I just want to my chances to appeal, if it's slim, what are my options, the detailed procedures etc. I just need to seek a legal advice for about an hour wrt above matters.

I'm wondering anyone who can tell me how much do they charge for such service per hour in the Northwest?

if you have any good solicitor, please PM me the contacts too.

Thank you

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: How much it costs for 1 hr immigration solicitor advise?

Post by maheshnair » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:09 pm

ch15 wrote:Hi, can anyone let me know how much does it cost to consult an immigration solicitor for about an hour.

My Tier 1 visa got rejected and given chance to appeal, I just want to my chances to appeal, if it's slim, what are my options, the detailed procedures etc. I just need to seek a legal advice for about an hour wrt above matters.

I'm wondering anyone who can tell me how much do they charge for such service per hour in the Northwest?

if you have any good solicitor, please PM me the contacts too.

Thank you
Usually with big firms , you can make an initial appointment . Usually 50 £ to 100 £ for first consultation where in they see your case and see if it can be fought etc . Then they may ask to to sign their contract if you need them to take the case for you .

Depending on the case the fees is charged etc .

If simple 1000 to 2000 .

If complex then more ...

please note big firm once you have initial meeting and once they say they will take up the case ..then you cannot have 1 hour meetings etc untill u sign the contract etc . i mean they dont entertain peple who just needs advice but dont need them to take up case :)

ch15

Post by ch15 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:14 am

Hi, just made an appointment, with a small firm, they gonna charge me £250 for a 1 hour consultation.

Thank you

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:53 am

£250/Hour? Well I think some reputed firm in London do charge less than that. Anyway good luck for whatever reason you are seeing them.
ch15 wrote:Hi, just made an appointment, with a small firm, they gonna charge me £250 for a 1 hour consultation.

Thank you