ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Help Needed

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:30 pm

Hello all,

I have a weird case and wondering if anyone can help me?

I applied for old style HSMP (within UK) last year March and got it approved in October end (2008). I had a visa of being an International Student in UK that ran out on 31st January 2009.

From 3rd November onwards I started to maintain my bank balance of #800 GBP to realise that i will be 2 days short (before my visa runs out) with my 3 months of statement. I called UKBA (0870 606 7766) and spoke to them and explain the situtation. The lady I spoke to advised me of filing an application at the latest and than send in the additional documents later on and it will be considered. (I had taken the name of the colleauge and also noted date and time) I followed her advise and wrote a covering letter along with my application of TIER 1 Trasitional Agreement explaining the same. (on 30th Janaury, 2009) I attached statements from Natwest bank, perioding 3rd November til 30th Janauary (both days inclusive)

Few days later, I sent in the additonal documents to Durham address via recorded delivery. Once a week went pass, I recieved an acknowledgement letter from UKBA with the ref no allocated to my application (around 8th February). I then spoke to UKBA to make sure they had recieved my docs. They couldnt confirm it and told me that " TIER 1 APPLICATION DOSNT ACCEPT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS ONCE THE APPLICATION IS RECIEVED, UNLESS REQUSTED BY CASE WORKER?" Is this true?

After arguing and explaning of previous conversation, advisor asked me to send it to Lunar House, London Address along with a copy of acknowledgement letter, and I did the same via recorded delivery. Advisor said - it depends on the luck if the papers reach cas worker in time?

My concern is -

1. Will my additional documents be considered?
2. My application was recd by UKBA on 2nd February, how long I'd be waiting before a decision? (rough idea)
3. When I call UKBA today, they said application is " Awaiting consideration" ? Is this mean its not been allocated to a case worker as yet?

I'm sure you are tired of reading, but I would greatly appreciate any comments and suggestions

Regards,
Rakesh