ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation 5ys + ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mallikz

Naturalisation 5ys + ILR

Post by mallikz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi,

One of my friend has got PR (ILR after 5yrs stay in UK) in May 08 and now he is planning to apply for Naturalisation.

1. when is he eligible for Naturalisation? is it ILR + 1 yr or is it only 5yrs?
As I know for Naturalisation, the eligibilty is 5yrs continues stay in UK, threfore I think he is eligible after he got his ILR. is this true?

2. His wife Came here in Aug 2003 and got the PR at the same May 08 along with her husband, so when is she eligible for Naturalisation?

Many thanks in advance.

republique
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation 5ys + ILR

Post by republique » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:16 pm

mallikz wrote:Hi,

One of my friend has got PR (ILR after 5yrs stay in UK) in May 08 and now he is planning to apply for Naturalisation.

1. when is he eligible for Naturalisation? is it ILR + 1 yr or is it only 5yrs?
As I know for Naturalisation, the eligibilty is 5yrs continues stay in UK, threfore I think he is eligible after he got his ILR. is this true?

2. His wife Came here in Aug 2003 and got the PR at the same May 08 along with her husband, so when is she eligible for Naturalisation?

Many thanks in advance.
You need to read the guidance to get it straight.
As you dont say what basis he obtained ILR, I will assume it is for WP.
You needed 5 Years under ILR.
For Naturalisation you also need 5 years of which one year must include having ILR.

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 pm

For WP holder it is 5 years +1 year ILR so 6 years total. That is for the present rules. Next year, or next month maybe different as UK always is different.

shanc
Newly Registered

Post by shanc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:17 pm

parvus1202 wrote:For WP holder it is 5 years +1 year ILR so 6 years total. That is for the present rules. Next year, or next month maybe different as UK always is different.

truly agree with you.
currently it is 5 yrs for ILR + 1 year in ILR = 6 yrs for naturalisation.
But remember - when you apply, you check the 5 years before your application reaches HO, you were in the UK...

ex: if you are applying today - 16-03-2009 via an NCS, your application will be opened by HO - lets say around 30-03-2009. So you have to be present in the UK around March - April 2004. They will check your passport entries.

Tricky !

munisa

Post by munisa » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 pm

shanc wrote: truly agree with you.
currently it is 5 yrs for ILR + 1 year in ILR = 6 yrs for naturalisation.
But remember - when you apply, you check the 5 years before your application reaches HO, you were in the UK...

ex: if you are applying today - 16-03-2009 via an NCS, your application will be opened by HO - lets say around 30-03-2009. So you have to be present in the UK around March - April 2004. They will check your passport entries.

Tricky !
I dont think it takes that long for applications to reach home office or even to be opened. It should take a couple of days. The processing is what takes long......Fact.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

mallikz

Naturalisation 5ys + ILR

Post by mallikz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:04 pm

thanks very much guys for your valuable advise.

is there any exception in naturalisation for being out of the country for pregnant women who wanted to give birth in India and be there for 4 months?

republique
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation 5ys + ILR

Post by republique » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:43 pm

mallikz wrote:thanks very much guys for your valuable advise.

is there any exception in naturalisation for being out of the country for pregnant women who wanted to give birth in India and be there for 4 months?
No exception