ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait for 2 years for ILR for dependent ? Pleaseeeeee Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rashidshah
Newly Registered

Wait for 2 years for ILR for dependent ? Pleaseeeeee Help

Post by rashidshah » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello All

I am in U.K on a work permit from last 4 years and 6 months.My current workpermit expires in May 2010.I am planning to apply for ILR this august after i have done 4 year and 11 months.I would appreciate if anyone can help me with following questions.

1) My wife joined me in UK in January 2008. Can we apply for her ILR with myself or do we have to wait till she does 2 years in UK?

2)If we have to wait for her 2 year stay for her ILR . Should i just apply in January 2010 (So i will have 5 years and 3 months and she will have 2 years)?Will this save £750 on her fee ?

3)How much funds should i have in my account and how much she should have in her account ? does credit cards balance be counted ?

And last but not the least , Is it better to wait for Probationary Citizneship and apply for that as i want to gain British Citizenship . The nature of job does involve lot of community/charity work...What form can be used for Probationary citizenship?

ThanX a lot

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Probationary Citizenship = nothing more than a form of temporary leave to remain in the United Kingdom. And it doesn't exist yet.

Sten

Post by Sten » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:31 am

I would not gamble with HO just for the sake of saving £750. If I were you, I would apply for my ILR + her FLR in August.
Good luck !

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 am

These questions has been answered many times over.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:37 pm

As far as I know if you are on a work permit (and not on HSMP or tier 1) and your wife has a work permit dependent visa, she can apply for ILR at the same time as you. There is no requirement of any particular amount of time she spent in UK.

rashidshah
Newly Registered

Post by rashidshah » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:34 pm

ThanX for your help jazbaati . But i have read Homeoffice site and it says
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ettlement/

How your dependants can apply for settlement

Your dependants are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as you, as long as they have lived with you in the United Kingdom for a minimum of two years before applying for settlement.

Your children are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as you, as long as they meet the requirements of the immigration rules
And Parvus1202 , can you guide me where these questions have been answered before please ......

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 pm

rashidshah wrote:ThanX for your help jazbaati . But i have read Homeoffice site and it says
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ettlement/

And Parvus1202 , can you guide me where these questions have been answered before please ......
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=36919

thats just one of the threads were this has been discussed. You can (probably should) include your wife/kids with your own application. Check the home office guidelines for SET(o) forms. the '2 year' wait does not apply.