ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension Special Case Urgent Info Requested

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tatshri
Newly Registered

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension Special Case Urgent Info Requested

Post by tatshri » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Dear All

My case is a bit unique…I had applied for a HSMP visa in Feb. 2007 and got the HSMP approval in March 2007. Subsequent to that, I had applied for entry clearance and obtained the same which is valid until October 2009. I have not yet moved to the UK but planning to come to the UK in July 2009. I am currently working in Ireland.

Just wondering, would it possible to get the Tier 1, General Migrant 2 Years visa extension if apply for same, after reaching in the UK, before 5-6 weeks of current HSMP visa’s expiry. I am hoping to get the job in the UK but any case it would not be possible to earn 45K £ in the UK only in 3 months time to gain 45 points. Can I show my earnings of Ireland in this case and if yes then would it acceptable to the UK Border Agency? Will they extend my visa on the basis of Ireland (9 months) + UK (3 months) earnings?
Has anyone encountered such type of case, any suggestion in the regard will be highly appreciated. I look forward for your valuable comments. Thank in advance.

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:35 am

My understanding says that you wont be able to extend your HSMP to Tier 1 with earnings outside UK (Other please correct me if i am wrong). How ever you can apply for a new Tier 1 if you really wish to settle in UK.

maheshnair
BANNED

definitely

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:55 am

nksg wrote:My understanding says that you wont be able to extend your HSMP to Tier 1 with earnings outside UK (Other please correct me if i am wrong). How ever you can apply for a new Tier 1 if you really wish to settle in UK.

You cannot extend your HSMP to tier1 if earning is outside UK .

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:16 pm

Agreed. You have not been in the UK at all over the last 2 years which means that you're probably best submitting an initial application to come over to the UK.

I hope you're aware of the recent changes to the immigration rules though!