ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inna

Return of documents

Post by inna » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:25 pm

I've just noticed that on 1 of the cover letters provided on this site it mentions sending a self-addressed stamped envelope with the application. Is this normal? I thought the Home Office would normally use their own courier/mail service?
Return of documents: I thank you for considering my application. Once a decision is made on my application, I kindly request to return documents using Royal mail Special Delivery Service. I have included a self-addressed stamped envelope for this purpose.
Thanks for any help in advance.

ejobs_01

Re: Return of documents

Post by ejobs_01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:43 pm

inna wrote:I've just noticed that on 1 of the cover letters provided on this site it mentions sending a self-addressed stamped envelope with the application. Is this normal? I thought the Home Office would normally use their own courier/mail service?
Return of documents: I thank you for considering my application. Once a decision is made on my application, I kindly request to return documents using Royal mail Special Delivery Service. I have included a self-addressed stamped envelope for this purpose.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Hi Inna,

I am not sure what the requirement states, but to be on safe side it is best to include a SAE, preferably special delivery so as to avoid some anxious moments. It is a small trouble for a bit more peace of mind, I think.

Regards,

inna

Post by inna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:55 pm

So do I pre-pay for postage, with special delivery, on an envelope at the Post Office?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm

inna wrote:So do I pre-pay for postage, with special delivery, on an envelope at the Post Office?
Indeed.

Otherwise, your application will be returned via standard recorded delivery.

inna

Post by inna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Many thanks for the help!