ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on a question Tire1 General application form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Query on a question Tire1 General application form

Post by sarvo_uk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Hello all. My name is Sav and I am about to apply for a Tier1 visa. Could you kindly assist me in filling in this question please?
Apologies if this has been answered previously, But I did try searching for this question but I couldnot find a relevant link. Please provide me a link which can answer this query if you can.

QUestion D2:-
Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the united Kingdom.

I have been in the UK since 2002 when I initial came on a Student visa, Since then, I have received SEGS followed by a work permit. Should I be filling the details for the current VISA (WHiCH means that the visa was provided from CROYDON, UK) or should I be filling New Delhi, India from where I has received my first VISA?

Thank you for yuour time.
Sav S

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:15 pm

I too came as a student then wp - HSMP - Tier. I am putting in as Delhi (where i was issued my initial student Visa.)

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:19 pm

You should use the place where your visa to enter the UK was issued. In your case, this would be New Delhi.

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sarvo_uk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Many Thanks for such a quick reply both of you. I believe then. where it says "What Date was the entry clearance issues", this would be the date when I received the 1st VISA in 2002?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:24 pm

sarvo_uk wrote:Many Thanks for such a quick reply both of you. I believe then. where it says "What Date was the entry clearance issues", this would be the date when I received the 1st VISA in 2002?

Actually, I think the entry clearance is granted on the day you arrive in the United Kingdom - usually the stamp in your passport that reads: Leave to enter the United Kingdom, etc....

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sarvo_uk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:37 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:
sarvo_uk wrote:Many Thanks for such a quick reply both of you. I believe then. where it says "What Date was the entry clearance issues", this would be the date when I received the 1st VISA in 2002?

Actually, I think the entry clearance is granted on the day you arrive in the United Kingdom - usually the stamp in your passport that reads: Leave to enter the United Kingdom, etc....
Aplogies, but I am confused on this bit:- Are we sure that this date is the date when I landed to the UK FOR THE first time? By the way it reads "What date was the entry clearance or Visa issued?" I think more along the line of What data the visa /entry clearance was granted. Apologies but please clarify, Has anyone recently aplied for a visa and faced a similar issue?

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:14 pm

sarvo_uk wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:

Aplogies, but I am confused on this bit:- Are we sure that this date is the date when I landed to the UK FOR THE first time? By the way it reads "What date was the entry clearance or Visa issued?" I think more along the line of What data the visa /entry clearance was granted. Apologies but please clarify, Has anyone recently aplied for a visa and faced a similar issue?

It is not the date when you landed in UK .

It is the day your EC was approved and stamped .
It will be on the passport Ec page of your first passport entry for UK .

I landed in UK in march 2005

My EC date is 26th jan 2005 .