ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sashi

Missed dependent applications

Post by sashi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:05 pm

All,

When I applied for my WP->Tier 1 application on 4th-Feb-09 I didn’t send a separate applications for dependents(2).Today I realized that separate dependent application(PBSDependant Application form) also needs to be filled separately along with main applicants.

As per the home office schedule my application will be processed this week. What will happen now? If my application considered by home office what will happens to my dependents passports? Will they send it without stamping?
Can I send the dependents application now since I have sent the all required docs of dependents already (passports, marriage, birth certificates)etc.

Members, Please advise me I need your guidance very badly.Could you Please respond ASAP.

flygirl

Re: Missed dependent applications

Post by flygirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:58 am

sashi wrote:All,

When I applied for my WP->Tier 1 application on 4th-Feb-09 I didn’t send a separate applications for dependents(2).Today I realized that separate dependent application(PBSDependant Application form) also needs to be filled separately along with main applicants.

As per the home office schedule my application will be processed this week. What will happen now? If my application considered by home office what will happens to my dependents passports? Will they send it without stamping?
Can I send the dependents application now since I have sent the all required docs of dependents already (passports, marriage, birth certificates)etc.

Members, Please advise me I need your guidance very badly.Could you Please respond ASAP.
As you may surmise looking through this forum, the Home Office schedule doesn't mean a thing. Your best bet would be to ring up HO, discuss with them and arrange to send the documents by urgent post. The reason I suggest you ring them first is they might give you an alternative mailing address. There is provision for submission of additional documentation so the dependant application might fall into that category.
If you hurry up, you can send it before noon for same day delivery, I think.

sashi

Post by sashi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks flygirl,

Thanks for the response.

From morning onwards i am trying to call home office no 08706067766 but not able to get the line.I am bit tensed now.
I am planning to send the dependent applications tomorrow morning.
could you please let me know what is the address to sent the additional documents?Please let me know.

In the mean time i will keep on try to contact home office number.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:25 am

sashi wrote:Thanks flygirl,

Thanks for the response.

From morning onwards i am trying to call home office no 08706067766 but not able to get the line.I am bit tensed now.
I am planning to send the dependent applications tomorrow morning.
could you please let me know what is the address to sent the additional documents?Please let me know.

In the mean time i will keep on try to contact home office number.
In the mean time I would also suggest you to write a quick cover letter for both dependents and MENTION your REFERENCE NO. you received for your application..which will save a lot of confusion and easy for HO to understand...

Keep trying on the HO no. i also would advice you to send the Docs today itself.. not tomorrow.. it will be too late..

Do not delay on this.. ring ring ring and try to send it before 4pm today to reach 9am tomorrow next day service..

Goodluck

sashi

Post by sashi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:43 am

Thanks Ramesh,

I am working on the covering letter.
I need to fill the application and takes my wife's signature on it i am planning to try apply today itself if not same day delivery tomorrow.

But i am not able get the HO line.

If i won't get the line also i m trying to take a chance by sending the applications.

Do i need to send the application to same address where i sent the the main application or is there any seperate address to send the additional documents.

Pls let me know.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:49 am

UPDATE -- (" not really ")

I have applied under TIER 1 with old HSMP approval.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 30/01/2009
Date Docs reached HO: 2/2/2009
Date on acknowledgement letter: 03/02/2009
Date acknowledgement letter received: 07/02/2009
Visa Status as on 13 March: Awaiting consideration
Visa Status as on 16 March: Awaiting consideration
Visa Status as on 17 March: Awaiting consideration
Visa Status as on 19 March: Awaiting consideration
Visa Status as on 23 March : Awaiting consideration
Visa Status as on 24 March : UNDER consideration
Status - Waiting for the news (either "GOOD" or bad )

R
Last edited by rakeysh.patel on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

An Advice --

All,
If you are trying to get in touch with HO on 08706067766 please read the following it may help you

-- Please do not call from Mobile as you will never get through and at some point you will be cut off automatically (personal exp)
-- When the lady finishes IVR, quickly press 1 and get through to Application Status division (i dont know if they all sit at some place or not)
-- When you get through to them pretend as if you are through to the right department and tell them your story and if they say they dont deal with that type of (General/ anything other than Status query) ask the very politely to xfer you to right department.

This should be lot easier. I have been ringing HO everyday and I never have to wait more than 8 mins.

Good Luck,
x

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

sashi wrote:
Do i need to send the application to same address where i sent the the main application or is there any seperate address to send the additional documents.
Sashi..

this is a million dollar question for you with time running out..

1. i would not send these additional where you sent your application becos that address will first try to deduct fees and once they dont find any fee details may send you back the DOCs which is making things worst..

2. May be as Flygirl adviced sending these additonal docs to address where people are sending their additional dcouments when requested by HO this address should better..
but you need to just try n try to get a line with HO..

sorry i could not answer your question completely.. HOPE somebody will help soon on this..

Guys/Gals.. can you please throw some light on this URGENT issue for sashi??

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:02 am

sashi wrote:Thanks Ramesh,

I need to fill the application and takes my wife's signature on it i am planning to try apply today itself if not same day delivery tomorrow.

If i won't get the line also i m trying to take a chance by sending the applications.

Pls let me know.
Don't be put off with calling HO. I usually hit the redial button about 10 times - don't expect to get through on the first try. You only get through quickly at 9am in the morning.

I'm afraid I don't know of any specific address. I was just thinking of the regular address that the main application was sent to. May not be the best idea. Which is why calling would be the best.

You have to be patient and IGNORE the message saying all our operators are busy. I just gave it a try right now and I got in after just 3 redials.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:13 am

flygirl wrote:
sashi wrote:Thanks Ramesh,

Pls let me know.
Don't be put off with calling HO. I usually hit the redial button about 10 times - don't expect to get through on the first try. You only get through quickly at 9am in the morning.

I'm afraid I don't know of any specific address. I was just thinking of the regular address that the main application was sent to. May not be the best idea. Which is why calling would be the best.

You have to be patient and IGNORE the message saying all our operators are busy. I just gave it a try right now and I got in after just 3 redials.
i just tried to call and got connected on 1st try..

Are you calling on the right no?? 08706067766

as suggested by raxs.. call from LAND line and keep on redailing... and once connceted.. just dail 1 for tier1 application progress enquiry and just wait wait and wait.. you will for sure get through..

goodluck mate

wp_to_tier1_82
Newly Registered

Post by wp_to_tier1_82 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:17 am

Hi T_Mahmood, Is there any update from your side. I called HO just now, and its "Under Consideration". Its already been UC for 4 days. I don't know for how long they are going to keep it UC.

Application Date sent to HO: 23/JAN/09
Application Date reached HO: 26/JAN/09
Fee Deducted: 26/JAN/09
Reference Letter Dated: 26/JAN/09 and 30/JAN/09
Status from 19-MAR-09 to 24-MAR-09: Under Consideration.

sashi

Post by sashi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:33 am

I have called Home Office and the status is "Under Consideration" and i have informed that I didn't sent the seperate applications for dependents then she checked the status and asked me to hold for some time and informed that "your application will be processed and u r dependent applications will be rejected and you need to send the separate applications for u r dependents once u received the approval and we can't consider the applications now"

I am very disappointed again need to spend 400 pounds and need to wait for another month for my dependent passport since they planned to home town in next month.

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:50 am

sashi wrote:I have called Home Office and the status is "Under Consideration" and i have informed that I didn't sent the seperate applications for dependents then she checked the status and asked me to hold for some time and informed that "your application will be processed and u r dependent applications will be rejected and you need to send the separate applications for u r dependents once u received the approval and we can't consider the applications now"

I am very disappointed again need to spend 400 pounds and need to wait for another month for my dependent passport since they planned to home town in next month.
Sashi, I don't know whether to be happy that your application is being processed in a timely fashion sad because of the new applications and hassle. I wish you a speedy positive response from HO both for yourself and eventually for your dependants.

Best of luck

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:20 pm

sashi wrote:I have called Home Office and the status is "Under Consideration" and i have informed that I didn't sent the seperate applications for dependents then she checked the status and asked me to hold for some time and informed that "your application will be processed and u r dependent applications will be rejected and you need to send the separate applications for u r dependents once u received the approval and we can't consider the applications now"

That's a shame. It's one of those things you'll just need to chalk down to experience though - I'm sure you'll get the approvals in the end.

sashi

Post by sashi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks for your support.Hope I will get the approval soon.

I don't know how i over looked that separate applications are required for dependants it may be because of i already applied for work permit extension twice that time separate applications were not required.

chanchal
Newly Registered

Post by chanchal » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:25 pm

wp_to_tier1_82, I have a feeling it's because your and T_Mahmoud's applications have dependents as well. I submitted my application around 23rd as well but have not heard back from them at all. Fingers crossed.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi

Well I had decided not to call as its of no use but your posting tempted me to make a call. I just called and was told that my application is Awaiting furthur consideration. I said to the lady over the phone that its already above 8 weeks and she said that 6 weeks are just for guidelines and some case might take even months... which sounds pretty scary to me.....

Yes I have one dependent but I dont think so that it makes any difference. Any one knows that applications with dependent takes more time?

wp_to_tier1_82 wrote:Hi T_Mahmood, Is there any update from your side. I called HO just now, and its "Under Consideration". Its already been UC for 4 days. I don't know for how long they are going to keep it UC.

Thinking low is crime....

chanchal
Newly Registered

Post by chanchal » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I applied with a dependent and it's been 8 weeks for mine as well.

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine has applied (without a dependent) and he's also transferring from wp to tier 1 and he's also still not heard back even though he sent his paperwork in mid jan.

I wonder if it also depends on when your existing wp expire. They might be sorting their applications every day based on how early people's wps are expiring. This is just a conjecture though.

maheshnair
BANNED

another option

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

T_mahmood wrote:Hi

Well I had decided not to call as its of no use but your posting tempted me to make a call. I just called and was told that my application is Awaiting furthur consideration. I said to the lady over the phone that its already above 8 weeks and she said that 6 weeks are just for guidelines and some case might take even months... which sounds pretty scary to me.....

Yes I have one dependent but I dont think so that it makes any difference. Any one knows that applications with dependent takes more time?

Mahmood_T ,

I am also afraid .
what i am planning is if it takes 2 months for me . I will withdraw it and go straight to PEO . 950 £ . same day service for tier1 .

wp_to_tier1_82 wrote:Hi T_Mahmood, Is there any update from your side. I called HO just now, and its "Under Consideration". Its already been UC for 4 days. I don't know for how long they are going to keep it UC.

wp_to_tier1_82
Newly Registered

Post by wp_to_tier1_82 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 pm

I called HO again today after 4:00 PM to check whether the status still remains Under Consideration and the lady told me that something is going out for me today. I applied through an agent and she told that it will be sent to their address and asked me to contact my agent tomorrow.

Hoping to hear the news (good / bad) from my agent tomorrow.

On seeing the previous weeks, HO is sending lot of documents during week mid, I wish you all should hear the good news soon

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Good luck mate......

wp_to_tier1_82 wrote:I called HO again today after 4:00 PM to check whether the status still remains Under Consideration and the lady told me that something is going out for me today. I applied through an agent and she told that it will be sent to their address and asked me to contact my agent tomorrow.

Hoping to hear the news (good / bad) from my agent tomorrow.

On seeing the previous weeks, HO is sending lot of documents during week mid, I wish you all should hear the good news soon
Thinking low is crime....

ExtApp
Newly Registered

Post by ExtApp » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:45 pm

below is status of my applicaiton so far

04 Feb - applicaiton posted
05 Feb - application received by HO and processed payment
18 Mar - Awaiting consideration
19 Mar(Morning) - Awaiting consideration
19 Mar afternoon my company received a call from HO to confirm my details
19 mar (Late afternoon) - Under consideration
20 Mar (Morning) - Awaiting further consideration
20 Mar (Late afternoon) - Under Consideration
23 Mar (Mornin) - Under consideration
24 Mar (Evening) - package dispatched

waiting for the package to be delivered, wish me good luck chaps..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:55 pm

ExtApp wrote:below is status of my applicaiton so far

04 Feb - applicaiton posted
05 Feb - application received by HO and processed payment
18 Mar - Awaiting consideration
19 Mar(Morning) - Awaiting consideration
19 Mar afternoon my company received a call from HO to confirm my details
19 mar (Late afternoon) - Under consideration
20 Mar (Morning) - Awaiting further consideration
20 Mar (Late afternoon) - Under Consideration
23 Mar (Mornin) - Under consideration
24 Mar (Evening) - package dispatched

waiting for the package to be delivered, wish me good luck chaps..
Wow!! that's really good news to ExtApp and also FEB Applicants...

Wish you all the best ExtApp.. You will hear the Positive news for sure..

chanchal
Newly Registered

Post by chanchal » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:56 pm

So that means with any luck you'd get it tomorrow?

dextar

Post by dextar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Good luck ExtApp. I hope more people will get response this week as compare to last week.