ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NOT FAIR deal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maheshnair
BANNED

NOT FAIR deal

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:44 pm

deleted message
Last edited by maheshnair on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

pb78
United Kingdom

Post by pb78 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:51 pm

The success rate of In-Country applicants is much higher than that of the ones from outside. The fact remains that HSMP Extn and switiching of any sort means earnings documents will be UK docs (in most ocassions). Hence the chances of rejectiion is less. With out-of-country applicants, HO can say that they were unable to verify earnings (esp India, Pak etc...) and many other verification reasons and subsequently reject the applications easily.

Net Result
In-Country applicants - collect money and issue visa in most cases
Out-Of-Country applicants - Collect money and reject visa (Double Whammy)

Hence it makes good revenue sense to process more out-of-country applications than in-country ones.

pb78

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Agree with pb78. This has became more of an industry now. If you look look at the way BHC works(especially in India, chennai typically)..it is hopeless.
They reject visa for the sake of rejecting it.

maheshnair
BANNED

bribing

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:49 pm

chetanojha wrote:Agree with pb78. This has became more of an industry now. If you look look at the way BHC works(especially in India, chennai typically)..it is hopeless.

deleted message
Last edited by maheshnair on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Time taken to approve depends on how many applicants in that local office plus how many staff working there.

But I do agree that chance of getting approved in the UK is much higher if all your docs (bank statement, payslip, study, etc) is from within the UK. It takes so bloody long because there are so many people applying, and also because they don't have enough money to hire more staff.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: bribing

Post by gotcha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:04 pm

maheshnair wrote: India is meant for BRIBE .
That's very disrespectful. Has nothing to do with OP.
maheshnair wrote: But i am sad it is practiced even in british embassy by some indian bunch of idiotic officers .
I don't think, there will be any Indian citizen working in visa unit of BHC. So all decisions taken will be by british employees.

maheshnair
BANNED

what money

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:06 pm

deleted
Last edited by maheshnair on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

nnj10

Re: NOT FAIR deal

Post by nnj10 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 pm

maheshnair wrote:New applicants from applying from outside UK getting visa stamped in 7 days to 1 months .

People inside UK taking 2.5 months ... What is UK home office dealing this way ....
I got my Initial HSMP approved 2 years ago, and if the procedure is still the same(2 stage process)
Stage 1: Send Docs from your Home country to UK for approval letter
Stage 2: Get and entry clearance from BHC, Embassy etc.
then stage 2 would obviously take very less time about a week or two.
Where as if some one is applying In-country (Swith or Extn), there is only 1 stage (rather than 2 stage as above), hence taking more time than stage-2 for out of country applicants.

I admit however, current processing time is really too slow.
There is almost a lag of 5 weeks for start of consideration process from date of application for in country applicants.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... tingtimes/
During the week commencing 23 March 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 12 February 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:49 pm

maheshnair wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Agree with pb78. This has became more of an industry now. If you look look at the way BHC works(especially in India, chennai typically)..it is hopeless.

India is meant for BRIBE .
But i am sad it is practiced even in british embassy by some indian bunch of idiotic officers .

I remember an agent saying he will get things done quicker if i pay him 20 k extra . That was 4 years back .
Do you mind retracting your statement immediately please. This board is not meant for venting out any kind of dearly beloved slur.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:38 am

push_hsmp wrote:
maheshnair wrote:

India is meant for BRIBE .
But i am sad it is practiced even in british embassy by some indian bunch of idiotic officers .

I remember an agent saying he will get things done quicker if i pay him 20 k extra . That was 4 years back .
Do you mind retracting your statement immediately please. This board is not meant for venting out any kind of dearly beloved slur.

Hi

Sorry guys . Have deleted my messages .

pb78
United Kingdom

Post by pb78 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:33 am

MaheshNair - Good to see that you have deleted your messages

Whilst it is frustrating to see that in-country Tier 1 applications take longer than the ones outside, I guess HO could be more genuine in posting different timelines for them. Just as in the case of 2 links under the cost section, they could provide 2 links under the waiting times section (assuming that all application outside UK take the same amount of time to process) to clear any sort of confusion. It is well known to all of us about the different timelines for both kinds of applications but the issue is that HO could mention it as well. Also I don't think we could question about their resources to cater to our applications, as it is under their remit to plan it.

Nevertheless no point in brooding about it.

pb78