ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I carry on working during appeal process?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simayi
Newly Registered

Can I carry on working during appeal process?

Post by simayi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi,

Recently my PSW extension application was denied because the case worker misinterpreted one of the forms submitted. I'm going to appeal with an explanation to clear up any misunderstanding but in the meantime. do you know if I'm allow to continue to work during the appeals process?

thanks, :)

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Can I carry on working during appeal process?

Post by jack199 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:07 pm

simayi wrote:Hi,

Recently my PSW extension application was denied because the case worker misinterpreted one of the forms submitted. I'm going to appeal with an explanation to clear up any misunderstanding but in the meantime. do you know if I'm allow to continue to work during the appeals process?

Yes you can work Part-time only (20 hours), as while appealing your previous status (in your case student) gets extended till the appeal is pending.

What was the refusal i.e. missinterpretation?

simayi
Newly Registered

Post by simayi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks for your reply,

It was the maintenance requirement section... I submitted the bank statement from overseas (my home country) which showed that I had more than 800gbp for the 3months period but they didn't read the form right and concluded that I had less than 800gbp available for one of the months... So I'm getting a letter from the bank to clearly state that I had more than enough funds...

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:18 pm

simayi wrote:Thanks for your reply,

It was the maintenance requirement section... I submitted the bank statement from overseas (my home country) which showed that I had more than 800gbp for the 3months period but they didn't read the form right and concluded that I had less than 800gbp available for one of the months... So I'm getting a letter from the bank to clearly state that I had more than enough funds...
What was the exact wording refusal, believe you me i have seen caseworker's refusals in all refusals they do have valid (yet misinterpreted) point. Are you apply from overseas of from UK?

simayi
Newly Registered

Post by simayi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:48 am

I'm applying from the UK. Don't have exact wording with me but basically I have a few banks and other accounts and they didn't count one of the accounts because it didn't qualify as a reliable source of fund or something even though it really is just a bank account... contacted solicitors and explained the problem... from what they told me and reading other posts, sounds like this is quite a common occurrence! Anyway hopefully, it'll be ok... fingers crossed...

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:04 pm

jack199 wrote:

Yes you can work Part-time only (20 hours), as while appealing your previous status (in your case student) gets extended till the appeal is pending.

Are you sure you can only work 20 hours/week? I thought it was 40 hours/week outside of term time, assuming simayi has finished his/her course of study?
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:14 pm

dahokolomoki wrote:
jack199 wrote:

Are you sure you can only work 20 hours/week? I thought it was 40 hours/week outside of term time, assuming simayi has finished his/her course of study?
Yes only 20 hours as you are only work full time after your course has finished for up to 4 months. Now here is a case of PSW refusal where the applicant will get revert back to (in this case student) the status which he/she has before making PSW application, while appeal is pending

So yes i am 110% positive that its 20 hours while the appeal is pending.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi All,

I finished an MSc degree here in the UK on November 2008 and applied for the PSW visa on Jan 31st 2009.
My question is, am I allowed to work full-time while waiting for the response?

As I know, I'm allowed to work full-time, but all my documents are at HO. Should I ask for a letter that says that I am allowed to work full-time?

Thanks.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi All,

I finished an MSc degree here in the UK on November 2008 and applied for the PSW visa on Jan 31st 2009.
My question is, am I allowed to work full-time while waiting for the response?

As I know, I'm allowed to work full-time, but all my documents are at HO. Should I ask for a letter that says that I am allowed to work full-time?

Thanks.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Sorry, duplicate message.
Couldn't delete it
Last edited by ertis on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Sorry, duplicate message.
Couldn't delete it
Last edited by ertis on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ertis
Newly Registered

please help

Post by ertis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm sorry, there was an error while posting.
I'm trying to delete these messages but I can't.