ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working holiday and dual nationality

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

springhaze
Newly Registered

working holiday and dual nationality

Post by springhaze » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:42 am

Just a question...I'm a citizen of a Commonwealth country (by birth, native English speaker) and a permanent resident of the US currently in the process of acquiring US citizenship. I would like to apply for a working holiday visa to the UK after I get US citizenship and go for about a year, but am worried about any problems my dual nationality might cause. Could I get denied for the visa based on my dual citizenship?? Thanks for any help!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:02 am

Dual nationality not an issue as long as one of them is citizenship of a country always in the commonwealth from its inclusion including to the day the application is received. All nationalities need to be decalred though on the visa application form when the time comes for your application. I hope that helps.

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:52 pm

Just a quick one Kayalami, not directly connected with the initial question, but what the commonwealth recognises as a commonwealth country and what British immigration law considers a commonwealth country are two separate things. E.g Zimbabwe is no longer considered a commonwealth countrry per the commonwealth (They no longer appear on the commonwealth website) However they are still considered a commonwealth country in the eyes of British immigration law, that is they are (Zimbabwe Citizens) still issued working holiday visas and can vote in elections here if they are resident in the UK.