ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign National Identity Card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetness

Foreign National Identity Card

Post by sweetness » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 pm

I have recently applied for FLR and HO has accepted my application and have allowed me to stay in the UK for 2 years. However, they have also given me the foreign national identity card (FNIC), which is something new. As before they used to stick stickers in the passport. I am now planning to go back home next week, but I am worried that will the FNIC allow me to travel there and back to the UK?? As I don't understand the new rules of the FNIC.... I have a valid passport as well.

Can someone please help me and explain....

Your help is appreciated!!

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 pm

It replaces the residence permit (or visa in common parlance) which used to be stuck in the passport, and is therefore valid for travel.

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:43 pm

ok... thank u very much... i also rang the HO jus to confirm and they sed the exact thing... thank u for ur help..... :D

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:49 am

UKBAbble wrote:It replaces the residence permit (or visa in common parlance) which used to be stuck in the passport, and is therefore valid for travel.
Indeed, and it is a complete misnomer. It is essentially a separate visa, in that it only allows you to travel in connection with your passport.

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Allow extra time for passing borders, this is a new thing and you may expect some delays due to officer making calls to supervisers, speaking to collegues etc ..
Good luck !