ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds from Post office? Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Surya_0101
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds from Post office? Urgent

Post by Surya_0101 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:15 am

Hi,
Please let me know if it is okay to show maintenance funds from my post office Recurring deposit account... This is urgent...kindly help

thanks
Surya

Surya_0101
Newly Registered

Post by Surya_0101 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:22 am

Someone please reply...This is very urgent... I am in a lot of tension..

muruga14
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance funds from Post office? Urgent

Post by muruga14 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:33 am

Surya_0101 wrote:Hi,
Please let me know if it is okay to show maintenance funds from my post office Recurring deposit account... This is urgent...kindly help

thanks
Surya
better you stick with the normal bank account for showing your maintainance funds.below the policy guidelines for showing ur maintainance funds.

The evidence to support personal. savings for at least three months must be original, on the official letter-headed paper, or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.

All evidence must be dated no more. than one month before the application is submitted.

Letter from a financial institution iv) regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) or, in the case of overseas accounts, the home regulator (official regulatory body for the country in which the institution operates and the funds are located) confirming funds:

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:39 pm

hi ...i dont think using a Post Office account should be a problem ...please go ahead as long as u have enough funds for the past 3 months and they are instantly available to u.
:-)

Surya_0101
Newly Registered

Post by Surya_0101 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Aspirant09,
I have a letter from the post office saying my money can be withdrawn anytime without giving a reason. I stand to lose the interest. But the principal remains unchanged.

Will this do? can I go ahead? please let me know.

Thanks in advance

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 pm

My undestanding says that the letter (you stated) along with the 3 months statements from post office should fulfill the requirement of maintenance funds.. (i would still wait for a conformation from some one who actually has done it).

Why dont you call UKBA to ask this?
Surya_0101 wrote:Aspirant09,
I have a letter from the post office saying my money can be withdrawn anytime without giving a reason. I stand to lose the interest. But the principal remains unchanged.

Will this do? can I go ahead? please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Surya_0101
Newly Registered

Post by Surya_0101 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:25 pm

thats a nice idea. Could you please post the numbers here? (I tried searching)

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance funds from Post office? Urgent

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:58 am

Surya_0101 wrote:Hi,

thanks
Surya
as long as it covers three months then its gonna be fine...

Surya_0101
Newly Registered

Post by Surya_0101 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi All,
I filed my application last week. I got a confirmation letter for BHC saying post office account will do :)

Thanks a lot for all those who helped. This is a wonderful forum and I'll be glad to help if someone needs my advise.

thanks again .