ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal of application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Withdrawal of application

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 am

I am going to submit tier-1 in-country application for me and my wife together. I expect that I should receive my passport in next two months(Till May last week).
My wife needs to write her exams in India in June first week.
If I do not receive our passports by that time then can I withdraw application of my wife alone, I mean I would like to continue with my application and my wife's application can be withdrawan though we have submitted the application together ?

Any senior/ experienced member please advice...Urgent
Thanks

IshaK19

Re: Withdrawal of application

Post by IshaK19 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 am

Visa_Novice wrote:I am going to submit tier-1 in-country application for me and my wife together. I expect that I should receive my passport in next two months(Till May last week).
If I do not receive our passports by that time then can I withdraw application of my wife alone, I mean I would like to continue with my application and my wife's application can be withdrawan though we have submitted the application together ?

Thanks
Well I have not heard anybody able to withdraw the applications. Normally visas are granted within 5 weeks even for incountry application. I had checked this while applying in India as I had come here for 2 weeks for my visa and they said you cannot withdraw the application. You will hav to wait until you get back ur passport.

wahmed80

Post by wahmed80 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I am going to submit tier-1 in-country application for me and my wife together. I expect that I should receive my passport in next two months(Till May last week).

Thanks
Hi visa novice. First of all mention in the cover letter that you want your application to be processed b4 June.

I guess you will have to withdraw your whole application as you are applying together. If you submit depedent application separately than there will be no problem in withdrawing that application.

Regards,
Wahab

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Shall I do not do anything now and if I do not see any chances by Mid of may then request UKBA for special consideration ? Will that be ok ?

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Visa_Novice, yours is a little tricky situation. To what i know it is possible to withdraw one application (dependents) while other in progress...

Best it to wait for the result and if you do not recieve any reply by the required dates send them urgent treatement request as you have a valid reason... Make sure you send some evidance with the request...

I have seen one case that was approved in 5 working days as dependent had to join at new employer... this was in December 2008.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:20 am

Thanks
you will normally get the result in 6 weeks but to be on the safe side mention everything on covering letter