ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment option - credit card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Payment option - credit card

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:11 pm

WP to tier-1, in-Country application.

1) Shall I use credit card or debit card for payment ? Does it make any difference ?
2) Which one out of above two is fast and better to make payment of application.
3) I have a credit card issued in the current month (March). Can I use the same card to make payment of applicatino in March ?

Kindly help.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am

1) Shall I use credit card or debit card for payment ? Does it make any difference ?
Any , No difference.
2) Which one out of above two is fast and better to make payment of application.
not much difference, i prefer Credit card but it depends on your bank as well.
3) I have a credit card issued in the current month (March). Can I use the same card to make payment of applicatino in March ?
Yes , as long as u have activated the card. Its better to use it somewhere else to test out like go to a store and try paying from your new card to be on safer side.
:-)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Payment option - credit card

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:WP to tier-1, in-Country application.

Credit Card is faster than Postal Order or Debit Card.
Visa_Novice wrote: 3) I have a credit card issued in the current month (March). Can I use the same card to make payment of applicatino in March ?

Kindly help.
You can use the same card. Also inform your bank that you are expecting a payment request of £750 to make sure transaction request is not rejected by your bank.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Credit Card is faster than Postal Order or Debit Card.
Visa_Novice wrote: 3) I have a credit card issued in the current month (March). Can I use the same card to make payment of applicatino in March ?

Kindly help.
You can use the same card. Also inform your bank that you are expecting a payment request of £750 to make sure transaction request is not rejected by your bank.
Is a credit card really faster than a debit card? I thought that they'd be equally as fast...?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Yes credit/debit are same. Payment from Debit card depend on the factors viz. availability of funds etc. But as per the opinion of general people around me..I have found Credit cards are processed quite quickly.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Kindly help.
If you are concerned with SPEED OR FASTNESS why not pay by PO .
It is immediately considered .

Just will cost you 30 £ extra . But it is fastest of all .

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:10 pm

How to get postal Order ?

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Just pop in to your local bank branch and request them to issue with a PO for the amounts equal to visa fees. It usually takes 2 - 3 hours to get one.. oncourse there is some fee on the top of it.. as said above... but looking at the whole thread.. i feel it would be best and cheapest option if you pay by credit/debit card..

I see your CC is new but if you can use the same for shopping.. you can use it for making application payment as well.
Visa_Novice wrote:How to get postal Order ?

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:08 pm

i think the upper limit on a postal order is 250 GBP so u would need 3 seperate ones which means 30 *3 = 90 GBP extra.....use your CC buddy ...its the best way !
:-)

maheshnair
BANNED

PO

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:45 pm

aspirant09 wrote:i think the upper limit on a postal order is 250 GBP so u would need 3 seperate ones which means 30 *3 = 90 GBP extra.....use your CC buddy ...its the best way !
Guys how to get PO

1) Go to your Bank , withdraw 800/850 £ .

2) Go to Post office , say PO for 750 in the name of "HOME OFFICE UK"

2) You will get 3 each of 250 £ each within 5 minutes .

4)
Submit that 3 in ur application .

It is the fastest means to pay . Immediate consideration .

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:22 am

Yes, you can come anytime before your visa expires though it would make sense if you were to come atleast a year before it does so that you have some UK earnings to show.

Also the market conditions are quite grim. I wouldn't advise that you quit your job in India and come here unless you already have a job offer or are very confident that you can land one. Sorry to sound so pessimistic but I wouldn't want to give false hopes. In the end, it will have to be your call.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 am

crowbar6 wrote:Yes, you can come anytime before your visa expires though it would make sense if you were to come atleast a year before it does so that you have some UK earnings to show.

Also the market conditions are quite grim. I wouldn't advise that you quit your job in India and come here unless you already have a job offer or are very confident that you can land one. Sorry to sound so pessimistic but I wouldn't want to give false hopes. In the end, it will have to be your call.

crowbar,

Are you lost . to whom r u responding .
Subject is about credir card not jobs .

By the by , if you have correct skills and Highly skilled (that is what tier 1 means) then np getting a Job .

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 am

Kindly help.
credit card is fastest