ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa expiry near..........urgent help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spicybug
Newly Registered

visa expiry near..........urgent help

Post by spicybug » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

hi everyone,
i am a student at university and i am doing my project now, and, i have to submit my project in the first week of june and my visa expires the end of june. i dont knw what to do, i cant apply for student extension bcoz i will not be the student at uni after i submit my project and i cant even apply for post study visa as i would not be having any results in my hand.
can anyone suggest me what to do in such situation.
any comments will be appreciated............thanks

pure_soul

Re: visa expiry near..........urgent help

Post by pure_soul » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:05 pm

spicybug wrote:hi everyone,
i am a student at university and i am doing my project now, and, i have to submit my project in the first week of june and my visa expires the end of june. i dont knw what to do, i cant apply for student extension bcoz i will not be the student at uni after i submit my project and i cant even apply for post study visa as i would not be having any results in my hand.
can anyone suggest me what to do in such situation.
any comments will be appreciated............thanks
Calm down! :)

Ofcourse you can apply for student extension.
If you look at the student extension form FLR (S) carefully there is a section for STUDENT WRITING THESIS. Tick on that section when you will apply for the visa and you will get your student extension.

Hope this helps
Cheers

spicybug
Newly Registered

thanks for replying

Post by spicybug » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:29 pm

thanks for your reply.

anyhow uni is saying that after submitting my project i wont be student anymore as per new rules and regulations. so, when do i have to apply for extension?.
and, on what basis shall i give reason that i want to extend my student visa.
thank you once again for your time, i really appreciate that.