ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to Tier 1 (G) UK: Does it Really Take Forever???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:19 pm

mbasmart - my story is 90% identical to you.. i also applied last year March under old style HSMP. got it approved on the first place though, started maintaining balance in november.. my student visa also ran out on 31st January 2009. I was short of 2 days with my 3 months of bank statements. I hav sent in my passport for TIER 1 G criteria for stamping purpose.. lets see when eclipse of "Wait" is over :(

i hav applied for Tier 1 from Student. I had old HSMP approval. I have no clue how long this process will takE? its a painful ride ?? :(
x

flygirl

Re: Student to Tier 1

Post by flygirl » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:37 pm

dtjesus wrote:
I have a feeling that in the aftermath of current recession the govts interest in foreign workers obviously has changed.

I do agree that their policy has changed. Why else would they up the Tier 1 requirement to Master's level. UK workplace has always valued experience and skills more than degrees, so it's just a gimmick to reduce the numbers.

Try not to lose hope, though. On the Trackitt forum there was a guy who submitted since Nov as well. www.spammer.com/discuss/hsmpi/2 ... 3725395451
He was sending urgent requests everyday and then sent a letter of complaint and voila! his application was processed and approved about a week ago. Was probably under a filing cabinet somewhere...............

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 am

raxs1983 wrote:mbasmart - my story is 90% identical to you.. i also applied last year March under old style HSMP. got it approved on the first place though, started maintaining balance in november.. my student visa also ran out on 31st January 2009. I was short of 2 days with my 3 months of bank statements. I hav sent in my passport for TIER 1 G criteria for stamping purpose.. lets see when eclipse of "Wait" is over :(

i hav applied for Tier 1 from Student. I had old HSMP approval. I have no clue how long this process will takE? its a painful ride ?? :(
x
When did you send your application? Another thing could be that there were a lot of students with visas expiring at the end of January, so there's probably a mad rush in Student to Tier 1 applications. I assume WP to Tier 1 remains fairly constant throughout. Perhaps the delays are due to the chaos from the gazillion simultaneous applicants?? Who knows. It is an annoying wait, but it's not going to be forever. Or is it??? :wink:

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:30 am

[/quote] When did you send your application? Another thing could be that there were a lot of students with visas expiring at the end of January, so there's probably a mad rush in Student to Tier 1 applications. I assume WP to Tier 1 remains fairly constant throughout. Perhaps the delays are due to the chaos from the gazillion simultaneous applicants?? Who knows. It is an annoying wait, but it's not going to be forever. Or is it??? :wink:[/quote]

I had my HSMP approved last yr November so its not classed as Transitional Visa "In a way" its just matter of them to verify my bank statement to meet criteria and tht shud be it. They had already took 8/9 months last yr to approve ma HSMP (march - November)

i cant risk a penny on HO about their timescale - I have seen the applications processed in as short as 8 days in UK and short as in 6 days from India (fresh applications i meant :( )

keep our fingers cross for all who have been waiting patiently

Keep well and keep posting as we go through a painful ride
x

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:59 pm

flygirl wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:mbasmart - my story is 90% identical to you.. i also applied last year March under old style HSMP. got it approved on the first place though, started maintaining balance in november.. my student visa also ran out on 31st January 2009. I was short of 2 days with my 3 months of bank statements. I hav sent in my passport for TIER 1 G criteria for stamping purpose.. lets see when eclipse of "Wait" is over :(

x
When did you send your application? Another thing could be that there were a lot of students with visas expiring at the end of January, so there's probably a mad rush in Student to Tier 1 applications. I assume WP to Tier 1 remains fairly constant throughout. Perhaps the delays are due to the chaos from the gazillion simultaneous applicants?? Who knows. It is an annoying wait, but it's not going to be forever. Or is it??? :wink:
Status of my application changed from Awaiting Consideration to Under Consideration today. Anyone have any experience of journey forward/backwards from here ??

x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:09 am

Hi Gurus,

I'm also changing my status from Student to Tier 1 (G)
Std Visa is expiring 31-05-2009
I applied in 25-02-2009 now 1 month is passed
1st I thought it gona take 6-7weeks max BUT after reading this thread...I'm Bit WORRIED :(

I'm claiming my all points from UK Uni DEGREE completed 2006+UK JOB + UK exp + AGe = 75Points

I can not see any reason why HO is tacking longer..........
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:17 am

Not to worry kingfahad. It's definitely not slow for everyone. Just hope yours is one of the applications that is quickly resolved.

Best of luck.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:48 am

Status Chnages -

My status changes -

Applied - 30th Jan
Recd - 2nd Frb

March -
22 - Awaiting Consideration (AM)
23 - Awaiting Consideration (PM)
24 - Under Consideration - (AM)
24 - Under COnsideration - (PM)
25 - Awaiting Further Consideration - (AM)

any clues what will happen from here on?
x

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:52 am

kingfahad35 wrote:Hi Gurus,

I'm also changing my status from Student to Tier 1 (G)
Std Visa is expiring 31-05-2009
I applied in 25-02-2009 now 1 month is passed
1st I thought it gona take 6-7weeks max BUT after reading this thread...I'm Bit WORRIED :(

I'm claiming my all points from UK Uni DEGREE completed 2006+UK JOB + UK exp + AGe = 75Points

I can not see any reason why HO is tacking longer..........
Patience is the virtue my friend!!! ppl are waiting who applied in Janaury inc myself :( Wish you well though, I know how curious one gets as days approach - painful ride isnt it ??
x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 pm

raxs1983 wrote:Status Chnages -

My status changes -

Applied - 30th Jan
Recd - 2nd Frb

March -

x
It's seems like to me ....u will get ur passport back next few days.........
bcz according to EX-Immigration officer... Awaiting Further Consideration mean....decision has been made and they are waiting some senior officer to have quick look..................................
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Flyg ,rax19

Thx for giving me bit relief...........

wt abt ur application .............flyg.... ?
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:Status Chnages -

My status changes -

Applied - 30th Jan
Recd - 2nd Frb

March -

x
It's seems like to me ....u will get ur passport back next few days.........
bcz according to EX-Immigration officer... Awaiting Further Consideration mean....decision has been made and they are waiting some senior officer to have quick look..................................

Wow - m glad u were able to catch hold of Immigration officer - Is tht mean tht Senior Personnel can still Refuse it ?? Scary :(
x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Any one knows.....what is HO Time Scale for Tier (G).........so applicant who are waiting for longer period can make some official complaint
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:41 pm

raxs1983

If u have genuine case……….then no need to worry
In case of refusal u can FIGHT back and can get HO in Court
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:41 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Any one knows.....what is HO Time Scale for Tier (G).........so applicant who are waiting for longer period can make some official complaint
There is no specific time scale within which UKBA have to respond to your application.. if a matter is getting worse, i.e. if you dnt hear anything from UKBA in more thn 4-5 months, you can get in touch with legal complience team.. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/ is the lunk where u get all the details.

Thanks,
x

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:44 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:raxs1983

If u have genuine case……….then no need to worry
In case of refusal u can FIGHT back and can get HO in Court
Even that is true - We know that but heart and mind do not want to collobarate with that? :(
x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: mbasmart

1st waiting for Std visa to come
then u can send ur passport back to HO for HSMP/Tier 1 STAMPED

bcz ur std visa is expired now........... if u will ask HO to send ur passport from 1 department to other department while ur std application is pending they may refuse ur visa........ (bcz currently u do not have valid visa now)
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: raxs1983

I was 100% +ve b4 reading this thread that my application will be back 6-7weeks Max

I know many students who applied for
Student To Post Study Work Visa
Or
Post Study Work To Tier 1
Or
Student To Tier 1 Visa
Facing bit difficulties

If i'm wrong please Rectify me ... may be some expert or some senior members can put some light WHY HO is tacking bit longer for such applications............ or OPEN NEW THREAD so more members can put their VIEWS
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:14 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Re: raxs1983

I was 100% +ve b4 reading this thread that my application will be back 6-7weeks Max

I know many students who applied for
Student To Post Study Work Visa
Or
Post Study Work To Tier 1
Or
Student To Tier 1 Visa
Facing bit difficulties

If i'm wrong please Rectify me ... may be some expert or some senior members can put some light WHY HO is tacking bit longer for such applications............ or OPEN NEW THREAD so more members can put their VIEWS
First of all - its Taking :( sorry cudnt resist myself

Secondly - HO is absoulutely unpredictable. Above mentioned catagory do not all the time face delays. My frind applied for IGS or something similar to it (PSW I guess) on 13th Feb and has his passport back on 14th March.

So not necessarily every1 would face problem. Getting to know the misery is itself a misery in case of HO

No offense taken nor given !
:)

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: raxs1983

Std from Universities has/had no problem.........

My Std visa used to come bk with in 1-8 working DAYS
(i had last std ext in April-2008)

But Std who have done Short courses/diplomas from Colleges facing real difficulties
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:31 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Re: raxs1983

Std from Universities has/had no problem.........

My Std visa used to come bk with in 1-8 working DAYS
(i had last std ext in April-2008)

But Std who have done Short courses/diplomas from Colleges facing real difficulties
i hear you - I guess thats where paying 1000 pounds and paying 8000 pounds make diffrence, agree ?

x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 pm

i hear you - I guess thats where paying 1000 pounds and paying 8000 pounds make diffrence, agree ?

:D :P u made me laugh :lol:
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:35 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:i hear you - I guess thats where paying 1000 pounds and paying 8000 pounds make diffrence, agree ?

:D :P u made me laugh :lol:
UPDATE -

Scary though

Just spoke to HO -

Status - (Today AM) Awaiting Further Consideration
Status - (Moments ago) - Under Consideration

ALSO - Something in the post have gone out for me today - I have been given the Recorded delivery number -

Wish me plenty of Luck guys.. Hope tomorrow is the day of my Life

Thanks,
Rakesh

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:56 pm

I Told U b4 U gona have GoooOOOOOood news.........
......... do not forget to invite us for Party :P
:wink:
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:38 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:I Told U b4 U gona have GoooOOOOOood news.........
......... do not forget to invite us for Party :P
:wink:
News hasnt broken yet :( and thats the worse bit ma frnd - I'd surely throw in a party every1 i knw frm this forum providing things roll smoothly tmrw
x