ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please! Submitting application this week

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dosknyppxpuxtg
Newly Registered

Help please! Submitting application this week

Post by dosknyppxpuxtg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi There,

I'm filling in the Tier1 application form in the hopes of making the March 30th deadline. Thankfully, all my paperwork seems to be sorted, its only the darn form that's giving me a bit of a headache :P

A bit of background first:

The passport that I had when I came to the UK on my current WP (and the one which obviously had my WP visa stamped) back in 2006 was lost last year and I reported it to the police, applied to my home embassy for a new passport.

Once I got my new passport which was issued against the lost one, I promptly sent it off to UKBA for transferring my old permit to the new one, which they did and I've now got the new passport with the new residency permit.

Now to the question, or rather, confusion:

Section C6 in the Tier1 form says:

Code: Select all

C6. Please give details of the applicant’s current passport or travel document and any others that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom and which shows his/her current leave. Please note that for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current passport/travel document must be provided unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.
To me, it clearly indicates that I only have to provide details for my current passport only and not the one I lost, since the current passport clearly has my leave to remain stamped on.

However, when I went to section D:

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.
This means I have to enter the reference number, the number in red which was on my visa that was on my lost passport?

Even more confusing is D5:

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
In my case, should the answer be Yes or No? Initially I thought No, but having read the question many times, I think it should be Yes. This is confusing! Moreover, if I answer Yes, I then have to give all sorts of detail, like port of entry, flight number etc. which is a hassle to say the least!

And just when I thought it couldn't get any more confusing, I come across the guidance at the end of the form that says:

C6-C8 The applicant must provide details of all passports or travel documents, current or expired, that he/she has used to enter or remain in the United Kingdom, including:
passport number;
issue date;
expiry date; and,
place of issue.
Which seems to contradict what the C6 text said earlier, although maybe its just me being paranoid, but the all passports or travel documents mentioned are current or expired, doesn't say lost...

Please help!

dosknyppxpuxtg
Newly Registered

Bump!

Post by dosknyppxpuxtg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Anyone, please?

ravi6666

Post by ravi6666 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:17 pm

You should tick "No".

as Your current leave is there in New Passport .

ravi6666

Post by ravi6666 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:21 pm

"if your current leave is unavailable" which means if your currnet visa is there not there with you.. if your passport is lost , so applied for new one like that.

in your case you should tick NO

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Help please! Submitting application this week

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:12 am

dosknyppxpuxtg wrote:Hi There,

I'm filling in the Tier1 application form in the hopes of making the March 30th deadline. Thankfully, all my paperwork seems to be sorted, its only the darn form that's giving me a bit of a headache :P

A bit of background first:

The passport that I had when I came to the UK on my current WP (and the one which obviously had my WP visa stamped) back in 2006 was lost last year and I reported it to the police, applied to my home embassy for a new passport.

Once I got my new passport which was issued against the lost one, I promptly sent it off to UKBA for transferring my old permit to the new one, which they did and I've now got the new passport with the new residency permit.

Now to the question, or rather, confusion:

Section C6 in the Tier1 form says:

C6. Please give details of the applicant’s current passport or travel document and any others that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom and which shows his/her current leave. Please note that for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current passport/travel document must be provided unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.
To me, it clearly indicates that I only have to provide details for my current passport only and not the one I lost, since the current passport clearly has my leave to remain stamped on.

However, when I went to section D:

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.
This means I have to enter the reference number, the number in red which was on my visa that was on my lost passport?

Even more confusing is D5:

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
In my case, should the answer be Yes or No? Initially I thought No, but having read the question many times, I think it should be Yes. This is confusing! Moreover, if I answer Yes, I then have to give all sorts of detail, like port of entry, flight number etc. which is a hassle to say the least!

And just when I thought it couldn't get any more confusing, I come across the guidance at the end of the form that says:

C6-C8 The applicant must provide details of all passports or travel documents, current or expired, that he/she has used to enter or remain in the United Kingdom, including:
passport number;
issue date;
expiry date; and,
place of issue.
Which seems to contradict what the C6 text said earlier, although maybe its just me being paranoid, but the all passports or travel documents mentioned are current or expired, doesn't say lost...

Please help!
you should tick No