ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor/sponsor visa for parents | HSMP holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp0804

visitor/sponsor visa for parents | HSMP holder

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi All,

Thanks all for clearing my doubts so far.

Here’s my current situation:

I am in UK on HSMP visa under old rules(Expiring in Aug 2009) along with my wife(on HSMP dependent visa).
If I have to call my parents(currently in India) for a visit(3-4 months) to UK

1) Which visa should be applied? Visitor Visa(INF 2) or Sponsor visa(INF 3)?
2) How much money my parents need to show in their bank in either case? They can show owned property, car papers etc.
3) How much money I need to show (in my UK bank) in either case?
4) I am living with my wife in good size one bedroom, one hall apartment. Considering this which visa would be suitable?
5) As I am planning for extension for Tier-1 in June 2009, would it create any problem for my parents visa?

Thanks in advance

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: visitor/sponsor visa for parents | HSMP holder

Post by gotcha » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:03 pm

hsmp0804 wrote: 1) Which visa should be applied? Visitor Visa(INF 2) or Sponsor visa(INF 3)?
there is category as Family visitor.
2) How much money my parents need to show in their bank in either case? They can show owned property, car papers etc.
As much as possible, there is no min amount defined. It again depend on , who is bearing there cost(travel etc)
3) How much money I need to show (in my UK bank) in either case?
same as 2.
4) I am living with my wife in good size one bedroom, one hall apartment. Considering this which visa would be suitable?
There is only one catergory, you can invite them using, family visitor.
5) As I am planning for extension for Tier-1 in June 2009, would it create any problem for my parents visa?
No.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Hello Gotcha,
Thanks for reply.

1)
there is category as Family visitor.
When you say Family visitor, does it mean http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... rs#9278085 ?? or http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ilymembers ??
Could you plz provide the link?

2)
As much as possible, there is no min amount defined. It again depend on , who is bearing there cost(travel etc)
Cud you please mention the amount for rough idea? like if I bear the travel cost and apart from that would (5 lakhs) 6500 GBP be enough in parents account?

3)

I bear the travel cost and apart from that would 10k-12k GBP be enough in my account?
Considering I am also applying for tier-1 extensions with my wife as dependent in july 2009.

4) Is one bed, hall is a good size accommodation to show? Considering my wife is also staying with me. and do i really need to show accomodation proof for visitor visa?

thanks

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:58 pm

1)

it should be family visitor... not sure whats confusing you..

Point 2):

This amount should be fine for visitors visa.. besides it would be good to provide with the property documents, leave approval (if parents are working).. to show bonding to India.

I sent my employer letter along with 3 months bank statements + salary slips (i think they want 6 months now).

3)

Just house agreement/Council tax bill should be fine.. dont worry on the number of rooms in the house.. They are just interested that yr parents have a place to stay while in UK..

silkambu
Newly Registered

hello

Post by silkambu » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 pm

hi,
can i have list of document and format please.

nksg wrote:1)

it should be family visitor... not sure whats confusing you..

Point 2):

This amount should be fine for visitors visa.. besides it would be good to provide with the property documents, leave approval (if parents are working).. to show bonding to India.

I sent my employer letter along with 3 months bank statements + salary slips (i think they want 6 months now).

3)

Just house agreement/Council tax bill should be fine.. dont worry on the number of rooms in the house.. They are just interested that yr parents have a place to stay while in UK..

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:25 pm

You can get the list of required documents by sending email to vfsuk.north@vfs-uk-in.com.. atleast thats what i did.

Since i am from North India i prefered North.. you can check vfs website for your area...

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 pm

Thanks all.

Just reiterating 2 questions to fully confirm the answers

1) I am living with my wife in one bedroom, one hall apartment. In the letter for my parent's visitor visa I'll be mentioning that they would be staying with me. My parents will be having around 9K GBP equivalent money in their account and 12k in mine. Would one bedroom-hall apartment create any problem for parent's visitor visa?

2) As I am planning for extension for Tier-1 in June 2009, and in parent's visitor visa letter I would be mentioning that I'll be sponsoring my parent's visit to UK, and showing about 12k GBP in my account, would it create any problem in my visa extension with this money(12k) in my account(Considering my parents are also on visitor visa in UK sponsored by me)?

Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:25 pm

What room do you mean by a "hall"? In the UK that means the often very small and narrow passageway between rooms and mainly the one on the ground floor with the bottom of the stairs. A hall that is a room for living in is only called a hall in the UK if you live in a castle, old manor or old medieval house.

Please double check that you have enough room for them. Don't call it a hall if it would usually be called something else in the UK to avoid confusion and a possible refusal.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 am

Hi PaperPusher,
1)
Sorry, by hall I mean, another saparate room (not the entrance passage) ,same size as my bedroom which I am using as my lounge having sofa and TV in it. It can be used as a bedroom also though and I can mention that I have two room apartment but I have seen posts where caseworker object saying you cannt get two bedroom apartment in 650 per month(rent of my apartment).
Any sugessions?

Also any comments on my second question?

2) As I am planning for extension for Tier-1 in June 2009, and in parent's visitor visa letter I would be mentioning that I'll be sponsoring my parent's visit to UK, and showing about 12k GBP in my account, would it create any problem in my visa extension with this money(12k) in my account(Considering my parents are also on visitor visa in UK sponsored by me)?

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:04 pm

1. I would not worry about the accomodation.. one of my mate got the parents visa approval even if he was staiyng in studio appartment.. but that was 1 year ago. About the funds, i think VFS will be able to advice.. but are your parents presenting any property papers/pension/bonds.. etc...? I think they look for the evidance for association to the home country.

2. I was in the same case. My initial visa was expiring in Jan 2009 when my brother applied (me as a sponsor) he was given visa for 6 months.. untill May 2009 (after the expiry of my visa).. it can be just luck.. but i am shairing my experiance...

NK
hsmp0804 wrote:Thanks all.

Just reiterating 2 questions to fully confirm the answers

1) I am living with my wife in one bedroom, one hall apartment. In the letter for my parent's visitor visa I'll be mentioning that they would be staying with me. My parents will be having around 9K GBP equivalent money in their account and 12k in mine. Would one bedroom-hall apartment create any problem for parent's visitor visa?

Thanks

rajkumarpatel

Post by rajkumarpatel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi,
Please tell me if you were successful in sponsoring your parents family visit visa to UK. I am also in the same situation. I am married (with no kids) and on tier-1 and live in one bed flat having separate bedroom and lounge. Also My parents are retired and get pension (INR 10-12k/pm). Not sure if that much is sufficient for them. How much INR should be there in their pension account for which they can show legitimate source of funds as just putting cash in their account wouldnt help..

If you were successful then please help me too.

regards
Raj

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Let us know plz

Post by saeedusman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi,

Plz let us know when u applied and got the visa.

I am in same situation and wanna apply for parents in a couple of months.

Will be waiting for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

MdIndia
Newly Registered

Family visitor for parents | Tier 2 holder

Post by MdIndia » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi All,

I would like to seek some information regarding Family Visitors VISA, and it would be very helpful if some one could provide any pointers on this.

My Mother-in-Law had filed her application for a Family Visitors VISA from the Bangalore VFS in Jan 2nd week 2011.
It has already been more than 15 days and even now the Status of the application on the VFS website is " Under Process"

To whomever we have spoken to, we have been told that they had received the Visitors VISA within 5-6 days of applying.

So,we are getting concerned on why her application is taking such a long time.
Is it because there is some issue with the application or has the processing time changed in the recent days for a Family Visitors VISA?
Has anyone faced a similar situation ?

Thanks in advance for any info....

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:13 pm

nksg wrote:1. I would not worry about the accomodation.. one of my mate got the parents visa approval even if he was staiyng in studio appartment.. but that was 1 year ago. About the funds, i think VFS will be able to advice.. but are your parents presenting any property papers/pension/bonds.. etc...? I think they look for the evidance for association to the home country.

2. I was in the same case. My initial visa was expiring in Jan 2009 when my brother applied (me as a sponsor) he was given visa for 6 months.. untill May 2009 (after the expiry of my visa).. it can be just luck.. but i am shairing my experiance...

NK
Hi NK.. I am in the similar boat. My visa expires on 9th June and ideally I would like my parents to be with me till the end of June.

I am about to send my application for Tier1 extension, but do not expect to receive the passport back before June. So, I have to apply for my parent's family visa now.

You say your visa was expiring in June 2009 and your bro got it till may 2009.. surely his visa expiry was before yours, right?