ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview scheduled on Thursday - Need some help

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

h_s_m_p

Interview scheduled on Thursday - Need some help

Post by h_s_m_p » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:56 pm

I have managed to arrange for a telephonic round of interview on thursday from India. It will be a series of technical questions followed by a brief personal interview, based upon that the guys will then arrange a face to face.

May i know what kind of questions i can expect in personal round of interview.

---------
Note: I am into Infra support.
--------

custodian

Post by custodian » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:24 pm

I was in a similar interview for infrastructure/application support level 3 two weeks ago.
The questions that I got asked were very generic but they were looking for specific answers.

How do you check a machine's IP addresses (win xp)
Name the types of DHCP
Differences between TCP and UDP
Differences between TRUNCATE, PURGE, DELETE {table name} in SQL
Types of backup mechanisms available in MS SQL Server
Name and illustrate the various types of SQL joins.
What is normalisation?
What is tunneling?

As you can see from the above questions - some are very generic and the others are product specific. Do not hesitate to say "I don't know" to an answer. Because sometimes honesty is what these guys are looking for. And even the employer knows that not everybody has worked with all available technologies.

All the best :D

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks Custodian but I was looking for Personal Interview Questions.

Today I have given the interview out of 12 questions I had answered 10 questions and the remaining 2 were 50-50 right. But the thing is the employer didnt take the personal interview today. What does that mean. Are they not interested in me.

custodian

Post by custodian » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm not sure if I understand your situation correctly.

1. You did your phone interview from India.
2. Answered 10 out of 12 correctly.
3. Expecting them to interview you face to face ??? (Where? in India?)

Anyways - I kindda understand what information you're looking for.

For a personal interview besides the strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, etc I have also experienced the following.

1. You will be described a scenario and then asked to choose the best option - justify your choice too.
2. The company that offered me the job gave me a scenario in the form of an email from the CIO stating a project that I was managing has caused a loss of millions in revenue by a 2-week delay.
In 10 mins I had to draft a reply to the CIO to justify the 2-week delay.

Hope this helps...
:D

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 am

If i get shortlisted then I have to go to uk for the face to face. Since they didnt take the personal interview i am wondering how good are the chances for me in getting this job.