ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:55 pm

It is no where mentioned in the webiste other than in application form that
Tier 1 holders cannot apply ILR in person. Forms need to be updated in next 2 weeks to reflect the new fee levels and I guess this info may be updated as well. We can expect this happen starting from tommorrow.

aaanjoo

Re: Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Hello ViperWiper?
Did you get your ILR yet?
I applied Tier1 to ILR on 14th Feb 2009. Just received the reference letter on 20th Feb 2009. Nothing else!
ViperWiper wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to gauge how long its taking for HO to do postal ILRs for Tier1 - unfortunately thats the only option we have...

To get the ball rolling here are my time lines

- Application sent on 19th Dec 2008

- Credit card charge on 24th Dec 2008

- Reference letter received on 29th Dec 2008

No news after that. Mine is a very straight forward case more than 5 years in the UK on WP + HSMP + Tier 1, I have sent the most comprehensive and well organsied documentation for the case worker.

Would be great if others in Tier1 can post their timelines, we can get some sense of processing speed from that.

Thanks,

VW

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi Aanjo,

Nothing as yet, and also it is really tedious to get through to HO on telephone. And even when you get through they don't tell you anything - either they do not have access to the status of the application or they cannot be bothered. So, I have just resigned myself to waiting and I think it will come through, when it will come through.

I will update the forum when I get my ILR - hopefully soon.

regards,

VW

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:18 pm

I posted my ILR application on 17 December (WP + HSMP + Tier1), called the HO today as today marked 14 weeks. The results are:

1. application is “under consideration “
2. if i want to have my passport back i should withdraw the application –
this is the only way to get my passport back
3. no information on how long it might take once it passed 14 weeks

What do you reckon, if i fill the complaint form and post it to London & South East CSU, can it facilitate the process? Is there a chance it might make things worse?

Thank you!

bsbs

strange

Post by bsbs » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:41 pm

What's their motive? Is their any logic behind this delay? Yes you should complain as it's already 14 weeks gone.

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:49 pm

no motive whatsoever. logic? it is Home Office, this organisation is anything but logic.

I am simply afraid to complain that it might work against me.

If i decide to complain any idea what should be the wording of it?

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Winduser,

I think you can complain, but I doubt if a complain will have any bearing (positive or negative) on the outcome, looking at other posts and timelines, I think your passport will arrive anytime between a week and 3 weeks - and the timeframe within which a complaint has to be dealt with is 4 weeks.

Besides, the HO has not commited to a 14 week deadline, if you see the 'waiting time' section, they claim they deal with 90% of cases in 14 weeks - and the remaining 10% is open ended - no time frame given. I hope you have no travel planned, or any other work for which you need your passport.

Writing to your MP might help, as I think the MPs office has a better chance of getting through to the HO guys than anything else.

Please keep us informed as to when you get your passport - will help others.

Thanks,

VW

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Thank you ViperWiper...!

I emailed earlier today my local MP and cc London & South East CSU and the Home Office Matthew Coats.

As soon as I hear anything I will post it here..

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Good luck winduser, I hope we hear the good news at your end in the next cpl of days - as then I can start expecting mine :lol: ( I posted my app - 2 days after you and I have similar application WP+HSMP+Tier1)

I will give them one more week, before I contact my MP.

bsbs

New SET(O) form but no change o Tier1

Post by bsbs » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Today they have uploaded the new SET(O) form for ILR which is valid after 6th April. Still Tier1 can't apply in Person.

Disappointing..

aaanjoo

Re: New SET(O) form but no change o Tier1

Post by aaanjoo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:01 pm

Yeah very disappointing!
I thought if they start in person applicaton for Tier1 - ILR, then I would have called to request to change my postal application to in person one! tough luck!
bsbs wrote:Today they have uploaded the new SET(O) form for ILR which is valid after 6th April. Still Tier1 can't apply in Person.

Disappointing..

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi,

Here's the update from my end - rang homeoffice today to check on the progress, the status is under consideration, and the lady said there is no estimate on the timelines within which it will be dealt with - so nothing more than I can do. I asked her if ringing back in 2-3 weeks would yield any results and she said 'she is not sure' - but the tone was more like ' I don't think so'.

Winduser,

Did you get any update? Did you make the complain? Anything back from your MPs office/

Regards,

VW

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Thakns VW for the update.
I am thinking of starting the complaining process without waiting till 14 weeks as its obvious people are not getting their passport back even after 14 weeks.
At the end of 14 weeks for me, its going to be June and I have to make sure that I have got passports back on time to attend wedding of my brother in July.
ViperWiper wrote:Hi,

Here's the update from my end - rang homeoffice today to check on the progress, the status is under consideration, and the lady said there is no estimate on the timelines within which it will be dealt with - so nothing more than I can do. I asked her if ringing back in 2-3 weeks would yield any results and she said 'she is not sure' - but the tone was more like ' I don't think so'.

Winduser,

Did you get any update? Did you make the complain? Anything back from your MPs office/

Regards,

VW

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi Aanjoo,

Thats a strategy you could use, not sure what you would write in the letter though - 'I am complaining because I anticipate my application will not be dealt with in 14 weeks' - also like I said earlier, not sure if 14 weeks is a hard deadline - 90% is what they commit to.

I have written to my local MP and see what he says, not very hopeful, but then will do no harm.

I will update, if I hear anything from my MP.

Regards,

VW

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 pm

According recent info,things should improve from this week for Postal ILR applications.

Even with new ILR forms Tier 1 to ILR is only avaialble in postal.
ViperWiper, Did you ask HO about status of applications made in december ? (like upto what date they have processed etc) ?
Under consideration means have they assigned caseworker ?

In other forum it has been reported application made in Jan 3rd week have got ILR back couple of weeks ago .It seems applications made in Nov/Dec timeframe are delayed.

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:34 pm

tech wrote:According recent info,things should improve from this week for Postal ILR applications.

Even with new ILR forms Tier 1 to ILR is only avaialble in postal.
ViperWiper, Did you ask HO about status of applications made in december ? (like upto what date they have processed etc) ?

In other forum it has been reported application made in Jan 3rd week have got ILR back couple of weeks ago .It seems applications made in Nov/Dec timeframe are delayed.
can you give us the link where you found people got ILR applying in the 3rd week of Jan. will PM that guy.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 am

tech wrote:ViperWiper, Did you ask HO about status of applications made in december ? (like upto what date they have processed etc) ?
I did ask them if they could tell me what was the date of the received applications that they were currently dealing with and she said she did not have the information.

Its possible that some applications made in Jan 3rd week may have been processed, but they may be through a different route, ancestry, spouse etc and may not be work based (wp/hsmp/tier1) - I assume they have different queues to deal with different kind of applications

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:45 pm

ViperWiper
These are the timelines posted for set(O) application for workpermit holder.

Application posted (by registered mail): 21 January 2009
Fee processed: 22 January 2009
Letter of acknowledgement received: 23 January 2009
ILR granted: 5 March 2009
Documents received (I included a registered mail envelope with my application): 19 March 2009

It was also posted that The Set(M) are taking less than 4 weeks.

Hope this helps.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Interesting!
So i guess the back log is for set(o) for Tier1 applications!
tech wrote:ViperWiper

Documents received (I included a registered mail envelope with my application): 19 March 2009

Hope this helps.

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:51 pm

aaanjoo wrote:Interesting!
So i guess the back log is for set(o) for Tier1 applications!
tech wrote:ViperWiper

Hope this helps.
Yes for WP it may be a different queue

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:59 pm

I called(13 mins wait) HO today not to ask for my application process as I know there is no use but just to ask if Tier1 applicant can apply for ILR in person, and the person on phone said yes, they can apply now!. I asked him again that before there was no such thing as in person appointment for Tier1's ilr application but for HSMP and work permits holder only. He told me now Tier1 can make in person appointment for SET(O) application (I hope he knew what he was talking about).
I asked him if I can change my already submitted application from postal to in person to which(as expected) he replied, you need to withdraw and apply again.

Anyways I hope they start processing the postal applications quickly!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:00 pm

aaanjoo wrote:I called(13 mins wait) HO today not to ask for my application process as I know there is no use but just to ask if Tier1 applicant can apply for ILR in person, and the person on phone said yes, they can apply now!. I asked him again that before there was no such thing as in person appointment for Tier1's ilr application but for HSMP and work permits holder only. He told me now Tier1 can make in person appointment for SET(O) application (I hope he knew what he was talking about).
I asked him if I can change my already submitted application from postal to in person to which(as expected) he replied, you need to withdraw and apply again.

Thats some relief for those on Tier 1, of course you could call tomorrow and speak to someone else and get a different answer.
About withdrawing, somethings to remember if you are truly considering it, 1 - you may have to wait some 6 weeks to get an appointment and i am not sure what is the issue with the application fee which they are so quick to take out of your account

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:25 pm

aaanjoo wrote:I called(13 mins wait) HO today not to ask for my application process as I know there is no use but just to ask if Tier1 applicant can apply for ILR in person, and the person on phone said yes, they can apply now!. I asked him again that before there was no such thing as in person appointment for Tier1's ilr application but for HSMP and work permits holder only. He told me now Tier1 can make in person appointment for SET(O) application (I hope he knew what he was talking about).

Don't beleave those call centre guys. It's witten in the new form too like the old one that Tier1 can't apply in Person. May be he is drunk.

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm

SET(O) guidelines published on BIA website for forms after 6th april confirms that even Tier 1 cannot apply in person !!
bsbs wrote:

Don't beleave those call centre guys. It's witten in the new form too like the old one that Tier1 can't apply in Person. May be he is drunk.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:43 pm

We all know this chakde23!!

[quote="chakde23"]SET(O) guidelines published on BIA website for forms after 6th april confirms that even Tier 1 cannot apply in person !!