ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed.....for visa extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spicybug
Newly Registered

urgent help needed.....for visa extension

Post by spicybug » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:19 am

Hi everyone,
can anyone suggest me in this case.
i am student at uni. my visa is gonna b expiring this june end and i am doing my project now which i have to submit in the first week of jun and my graduation ceremony in almost july end. when i went to international office they said me that after i submit my project (that is, after first week of jun) i wont be the uni student anymore and i cant apply for student extension, & if i wont stand a student of the university after first week of june then i have to leave by end of june to back home.
i am in a situation in which i dont knw what to do,
whether to apply for student extension , if so, when to apply and on what grounds?
or to apply for PSW , but i would not be having any certificate frm university registry as they said they will issue after the meeting of the board of deptment, which is just after end of my visa, that is , on first week of july ( if still i proceed there is a 99% of refusal chances).
please tell me what to do............with according to new rules from this april.
thanks for your time.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: urgent help needed.....for visa extension

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:29 pm

spicybug wrote:Hi everyone,
can anyone suggest me in this case.
i am student at uni. my visa is gonna b expiring this june end and i am doing my project now which i have to submit in the first week of jun and my graduation ceremony in almost july end. when i went to international office they said me that after i submit my project (that is, after first week of jun) i wont be the uni student anymore and i cant apply for student extension, & if i wont stand a student of the university after first week of june then i have to leave by end of june to back home.
i am in a situation in which i dont knw what to do,
whether to apply for student extension , if so, when to apply and on what grounds?
or to apply for PSW , but i would not be having any certificate frm university registry as they said they will issue after the meeting of the board of deptment, which is just after end of my visa, that is , on first week of july ( if still i proceed there is a 99% of refusal chances).
please tell me what to do............with according to new rules from this april.
thanks for your time.
Will u be able to get a pass certificate from your UNI. if yes then u can apply with your certificate, marks sheet and UVI letter stating that u have passed this project and waiting for degree. Mention everything in cover letter..
cheers

spicybug
Newly Registered

Post by spicybug » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 pm

i cant be able to get a letter from uni until july first week, so that is what is the reason i cant be able to move further ..........that is what is where i am stucked....to what to do?
if my visa expires in june end and i get my results in first week july, i am just worried for a week of duration of visa.....i cant extend saying i am a student neither for apply for a PSW.
i dont knw what to do.......what could be the best reason for extending visa according to new rules and how?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:52 pm

spicybug wrote:i cant be able to get a letter from uni until july first week, so that is what is the reason i cant be able to move further ..........that is what is where i am stucked....to what to do?
if my visa expires in june end and i get my results in first week july, i am just worried for a week of duration of visa.....i cant extend saying i am a student neither for apply for a PSW.
i dont knw what to do.......what could be the best reason for extending visa according to new rules and how?
It looks like your uni is being very unhelpful considering the fact that you still remain a student until you graduate. I would advice to see a competent immigration lawyer who can advice you about the way forward. You don't want to take a risk and apply after your visa has expired without the help of a competent lawyer. All the best.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:29 pm

u can go back and maintain 2800 pounds for three months then u can apply for PSW if university is not really halping you..