ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent suggestions needed........for visa extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spicybug
Newly Registered

urgent suggestions needed........for visa extension

Post by spicybug » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:15 am

Hi everyone,
can anyone suggest me in this case.
i am student at uni. my visa is gonna b expiring this june end and i am doing my project now which i have to submit in the first week of jun and my graduation ceremony in almost july end. when i went to international office they said me that after i submit my project (that is, after first week of jun) i wont be the uni student anymore and i cant apply for student extension, & if i wont stand a student of the university after first week of june then i have to leave by end of june to back home.
i am in a situation in which i dont knw what to do,
whether to apply for student extension , if so, when to apply and on what grounds?
or to apply for PSW , but i would not be having any certificate frm university registry as they said they will issue after the meeting of the board of deptment, which is just after end of my visa, that is , on first week of july ( if still i proceed there is a 99% of refusal chances).
please tell me what to do............with according to new rules from this april.
thanks for your time.

manjit14
Newly Registered

Get a solicitor

Post by manjit14 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 pm

You have a chance to apply for PSW even if you do not have a degree yet, a letter from Uni that you have submitted all requirements is sufficient , provided you get your results as well, in either case, speak to a solicitor, they are 'agents' in this Matrix, they control all doors and when Home Office sees them, they leg-it.

rahul12345

Post by rahul12345 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi,

Can't you apply for stuvent visa extension in May (I think u can apply three months before ur visa expires), and say that ur course ends in June, Home office generally gives visa for Course finisn date plus four months. So this way u should visa till oct. By then u will have ur degree and so can apply for Post study.

Tell ur international office about it and they should apply for u.

spicybug
Newly Registered

Post by spicybug » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:23 pm

to manjit,
unfortunately, they need a certificate from the uni registry office, i spoke to them but they said u cant apply for PSW until and unless it is finalised by the uni departement board that you have finished your master, and they issue that letter after the board meeting . without the letter from uni registry office i cant apply for PSW, otherwise, my visa(PSW) will be refused. this case happend to other students.

to rahul,
i would have done that, but if i apply in may end and home office send me an immediate reply that you cant apply for student extension anymore as u have finished your course and just waiting for your results. and , i can chek my result back at home. then i will have no option left.

anyhow anyone knw good solicitor in this case who can suggest me.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:34 pm

spicybug,

My friend was in similar position like you.
What you need do-

1. get a letter from Uni in June explaining the situation and then with that letter you apply for student visa extension. The Ho will extend your visa for few months. Then you apply for PSW.

2. Don't apply for PSW in June, otherwise you will get a refusal since you will not have got your degree by then.

mohammadzaroob
Newly Registered

Post by mohammadzaroob » Sun May 16, 2010 9:48 pm

spicybug wrote:to manjit,
unfortunately, they need a certificate from the uni registry office, i spoke to them but they said u cant apply for PSW until and unless it is finalised by the uni departement board that you have finished your master, and they issue that letter after the board meeting . without the letter from uni registry office i cant apply for PSW, otherwise, my visa(PSW) will be refused. this case happend to other students.

to rahul,
i would have done that, but if i apply in may end and home office send me an immediate reply that you cant apply for student extension anymore as u have finished your course and just waiting for your results. and , i can chek my result back at home. then i will have no optioaan left.

many students passing the same situation if u go to solicitor they will use flro form and ho extend ur visa as vistor.i think best thing to apply normal student visa by post then take appointment fr biometric very late during this if u got result fill psw form send to ho request them consider my fresh application and withdraw others this is best option as i understand but plz check and consult expert advisor bt its matter of future

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:11 am

mohammadzaroob wrote:
spicybug wrote:to manjit,

to rahul,
i would have done that, but if i apply in may end and home office send me an immediate reply that you cant apply for student extension anymore as u have finished your course and just waiting for your results. and , i can chek my result back at home. then i will have no optioaan left.

many students passing the same situation if u go to solicitor they will use flro form and ho extend ur visa as vistor.i think best thing to apply normal student visa by post then take appointment fr biometric very late during this if u got result fill psw form send to ho request them consider my fresh application and withdraw others this is best option as i understand but plz check and consult expert advisor bt its matter of future
not a good advice (see bold sentence)

your stay is extended by virtue of para 3c if you have outstanding application. The moment you withdraw your original application, that protection ends and you are vulnerable. You cannot make a new application (i am 95% sure) as suggested by the user above.

regards

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:42 am

There have been many cases of students facing the same situation in this forum. Please go through those.