ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Checking service appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavna

Nationality Checking service appointment

Post by bhavna » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:36 pm

hi,
does anybody know which centre i can get an early appointment for nationality checking service. I called up wandsworth and they don't have any apointment till 6th September which is too far?

Thanks
Bhavna

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:56 pm

bvhana
I just checked for myself and discovered that the Haringey Council (Wood Green) has a drop-in (no appointment needed) service from Monday-Wednesday 930-1130 and 2pm-3pm. You could go next Monday if you wish. Details are at the bottom of the page below:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/services/bdm ... monies.htm

Other places like Brent can book an earlier date than September. I suspect Wandsworth is booked up because it's cheaper. Good luck, and let us know how it goes because I need to go in mid August.
Joseph

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:07 am

Thanks Jospeh. I got an appointment in Brent for end of this month. Will let you know how it gets through.

Cheers

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:15 am

looks like some of the threads are disappearing

i had replied to this thread but i can't find it now

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Does some board member have experience visiting the Haringey office? How long are the waiting times? what all documents are required?

I am assuming that they themselves will photocopy and attest all the passport pages.

Cheers
Bhavna

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:54 am

hi,

i went to harigey NCS few days back. Drop in service. There were not any big queues. Quite a useful service.

Cheers
Bhavna

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:25 am

Bhavna, useful information. Do you recollect how much you paid for that checking service?
John

basis

Post by basis » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:26 am

Bhavna,

Good luck with your application. I have seen you on this board for many years. And now it has come to the Final stage - well done.

What proof do they accept for English language requirement. Do they accept Master / Professional degree certificate from India ?

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:53 am

hello john,
i think they charged something near 35 pounds.

hello basis,

i think along with a degree from india a letter may also be needed to say that the course was conducted in English.

Cheers

basis

Post by basis » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:59 pm

Bhavna,

Is the letter mandatory because I dont have one with me but I am a qualified Chartered Accountant from India. Will that certificate be enough.

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:41 am

hello basis,
i am not too sure about this. May be other members can comment.

Cheers

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:28 pm

not required but the more certificate you provide the better

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:00 pm

Have a look at this IND document.

Your qualification within Section 1? In what language did you receive your training as a Chartered Accountant?
John

basis

Post by basis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:35 pm

Thanks Olisun and John.

My training and exams were in English. I have couple other equivalent qualifications and a degree certificate as well.

And my job needs me to have good English language skills - I have worked on WP and ILR for past continuous 6 years in the uk. Would that something that they consider as well.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:00 pm

Basis, I don't think I can add to what the IND document says. If you have the evidence they need then clearly there will not be a problem. Degree Certificate? Confirmation that the degree course tuition was in English?

No one is exempt from this language requirement. Say someone is a USA citizenship but for some reason has absolutely no educational certificates. Then Section 2 of that IND document would cover them ... they would need to go to a Notary.
John