ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to Tier 1 (G) UK: Does it Really Take Forever???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 am

Re: raxs1983

Send HO Email + FAX asap and explain all of this + LOG complaint

and try to establish that it is MISSING or Still under process
if they will say missing THEN ask them please give me OUTCOME bcz ur Mail has been lost....etc
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:07 am

raxs1983 wrote:
kingfahad35 wrote:Ring HO and ask HO for address COVENTRY ADDRESS

so you can contact them directly or u can pick up personally.....

Ring HO speak Nicely and explain them whole situation and TELL them ur doc's are ur life........so imp ur passport +degree etc.....
try to get DELIVERY ADDRESS from HO......... if u can
Tried that already. apparently helpline dont hv access to such informaion.

It appears tht, either i hv a wrong tracking number (already been confirmed with HO 4 times, so indirectlt they hv it wrong in their system)

or

they have mixed up in terms of sending back docs

Just spoke to RM, they said there is no sreetname like mine in coventry, so we wont deliver something that dsnt exist in Coventry

On hold with HO again...

Luck :(

Good thing comes to those who wait, tht beta b true - lol

x
rax, sory to hear your situation. if you can hold of any manager or supervisor in royal mail, if possible go to your local main brunch and talk face to face, and ask about the delivery address. we had a member here, who faced same situation as yours and he managed to find out the delivery address and then went to that address and spoke to the home owner of that address and finally got his documents back. explain to the manager of royal mail about how important those documents are and its irreparable if you loose it and so on and tried to get the address in which your documents were deivered to. i am 100% positive that, royal has this information in their database which includes the sinatory information as well. good luck.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:59 pm

rax1983, i really feel what u are feeling,infact i am angry and anxious for you. Been waiting for my student to tier 1 since september 2008 so i know what it is to wait. Hope u get good news and get your docs after all this stress

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:08 pm

HO
During the week commencing 30 March 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 24 February 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.

------------------------

So my application will be processed coming 1-2 weeks :)
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:37 pm

That will be good if only HO sticks to what is posted on their website. As they said, it's a guideline only and some cases take longer to be considered. If this is the case as it is with thousands of us who are awaiting consideration, awaiting fuerther consideration, under consideration, since beginning of Jan 2009 and some since Dec 2008, my friend don't get disappointed. keep up the spirit. Best of luck to all.
Good things come to those who wait.................

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:59 pm

xxbade wrote:rax1983, i really feel what u are feeling,infact i am angry and anxious for you. Been waiting for my student to tier 1 since september 2008 so i know what it is to wait. Hope u get good news and get your docs after all this stress
Thanks man - I appreciate it

Here is my day so far - Really intresting, sorry to get too personal :(

8.15am - Called Royal Mail to confirm the delivery of my passport with help of Tracking number given to me by HO. RM confirmed the item being delievered to COVENTRY ADDRESS (Not sure of exact address)

9.02am - Called HO. Find out why the hell my passport was sent to COVENTRY and not to london at my address?

ON HOLD UNTIL 10.41am - HO APOLOGIES FOR THE ADMINISTRATING ERROR. FURTHER TO THAT, I was advised to speak to COVENTRY REFUGEE CENTRE, since they sent my passport there or I can make my way down to COVENTRY and collect it in person with some sort of ID with me

11.05 am - on the way to COVENTRY by car

01.32pm - ARRIVED in COVENTRY and spoke to refugee centre. NO AVAIL OF ANY POST FOR ME

01.44pm Called HO - got down to swearing buisness and than a chap in HO decided to get tough. I requested a legal compliance number. I was told to hold on until he does investigation

03.15pm (YES more than 1 and half hr wait) I WAS TOLD -

DEAR MR PATEL, I WOULD LIKE TO CONVEY MY SICEREST APOLOGY FOR THE ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR. I CAN NOW CONFIRM THAT THE PASSPORT IS BEEN DISPATCHED FROM HOMEOFFICE AT 02.04PM TODAY

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A NEW TRACKING NUMBER

LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS FROM NOW ON

Thanks,
x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Re :raxs1983
My fri

I can understand your feeling and really appreciate to keep us updated........

I pray that u get ur passport soon..............
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:40 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
xxbade wrote:rax1983, i really feel what u are feeling,infact i am angry and anxious for you. Been waiting for my student to tier 1 since september 2008 so i know what it is to wait. Hope u get good news and get your docs after all this stress
Thanks man - I appreciate it

Here is my day so far - Really intresting, sorry to get too personal :(

8.15am - Called Royal Mail to confirm the delivery of my passport with help of Tracking number given to me by HO. RM confirmed the item being delievered to COVENTRY ADDRESS (Not sure of exact address)

9.02am - Called HO. Find out why the hell my passport was sent to COVENTRY and not to london at my address?

ON HOLD UNTIL 10.41am - HO APOLOGIES FOR THE ADMINISTRATING ERROR. FURTHER TO THAT, I was advised to speak to COVENTRY REFUGEE CENTRE, since they sent my passport there or I can make my way down to COVENTRY and collect it in person with some sort of ID with me

11.05 am - on the way to COVENTRY by car

01.32pm - ARRIVED in COVENTRY and spoke to refugee centre. NO AVAIL OF ANY POST FOR ME

01.44pm Called HO - got down to swearing buisness and than a chap in HO decided to get tough. I requested a legal compliance number. I was told to hold on until he does investigation

03.15pm (YES more than 1 and half hr wait) I WAS TOLD -

DEAR MR PATEL, I WOULD LIKE TO CONVEY MY SICEREST APOLOGY FOR THE ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR. I CAN NOW CONFIRM THAT THE PASSPORT IS BEEN DISPATCHED FROM HOMEOFFICE AT 02.04PM TODAY

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A NEW TRACKING NUMBER

LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS FROM NOW ON

Thanks,
x
UPDATE OF MY LIFE

Following a painful ride of my life, finally its a time and day when I thank mighty god and all fella members who have been wishing and praying

GOT MY PAPERS TODAY

VISA APPROVED ON 24TH MARCH UNTIL 24/03/2012

Arsh - a million thanks to all your prayers..

I will remember all of you in my prayers. PM me for the party details

x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Finally......... GooOOood NEws
Congrat !!! My Fri.........
Hopefully my application will process after 6April...........Hoping for GOOD

Rax :

1 issue...I just checked on DFES website and realize my current college is not on dfes list....... and rang college they said they have some little issue with HO........But my college is Listed in TIER 4 Sponsor list with A rated........on HO website

But current college was listed on DFES last week and when i finished my current course............

just like to clarify that.... I'm not claiming my earning point on basis of college course...........

Will it make any difference / or Impact on my application
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:54 pm

a small query friends, i'm in UK on a student visa and have got hsmp approval (as some of you might remember). i'm gonna switch from student visa to tier 1 soon. i'll also apply for my dependants (who r currently in Pakistan) after 4-5 months. i've got sufficient funds (about 9000 GBP) in my pakistani account. the problem is that there are no transactions during the three months (i.e. there is just one transaction of money coming in, but the money has stayed there for more than three months). my question is 'if there are no transactions taking place for 3-4 months, will it create any problems?'

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:56 pm

a small query friends, i'm in UK on a student visa and have got hsmp approval (as some of you might remember). i'm gonna switch from student visa to tier 1 soon. i'll also apply for my dependants (who r currently in Pakistan) after 4-5 months. i've got sufficient funds (about 9000 GBP) in my pakistani account. the problem is that there are no transactions during the three months (i.e. there is just one transaction of money coming in, but the money has stayed there for more than three months). my question is 'if there are no transactions taking place for 3-4 months, will it create any problems?'

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:27 am

kingfahad35 wrote:Finally......... GooOOood NEws

Rax :

1 issue...I just checked on DFES website and realize my current college is not on dfes list....... and rang college they said they have some little issue with HO........But my college is Listed in TIER 4 Sponsor list with A rated........on HO website

But current college was listed on DFES last week and when i finished my current course............

just like to clarify that.... I'm not claiming my earning point on basis of college course...........

Arsh -

I had the similar case to you when i applied last year. Mine was even worse. I use to go to a college in Central. It completely closed down just after i appled for the HSMP in March 2008.

It would not make any impact as long as the college was a legitmate deal when applied. On top, if you are npot claiming for the point on your education than it does not make any difrence. However, IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THAT, HOMEOFFICE WILL BE ABLE TO VERIFY THE FACT THAT YOU WERE THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AND WERE STUDYING IN THE COLLEGE (AS CLAIMED) .

If this can not be confirmed for any reason - you may face a longer delay. Now here is the solution -

If you think you are facing delay or if you just want to be sure that your application has been dealt at the prompt consideration, do send them an email outlining your concern. It is always better to be safe than to be sorry. PM your email address to me and i will send you the draft I sent to HO last year, when I had delays in my application due to the fact HO wasnt able to verify my credentials as student.

I hope this helps

Thanks,
Rakesh

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:28 am

kingfahad35 wrote:Finally......... GooOOood NEws

Rax :

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:38 am

mbasmart wrote:a small query friends, i'm in UK on a student visa and have got hsmp approval (as some of you might remember). i'm gonna switch from student visa to tier 1 soon. i'll also apply for my dependants (who r currently in Pakistan) after 4-5 months. i've got sufficient funds (about 9000 GBP) in my pakistani account. the problem is that there are no transactions during the three months (i.e. there is just one transaction of money coming in, but the money has stayed there for more than three months). my question is 'if there are no transactions taking place for 3-4 months, will it create any problems?'
NO

it will not make any diffrence. I have heard a banks tatment being used for ISA in UK, which usually not have any single transaction once initial deposit has been made.

In my case, I applied within uk, and my bank account has very rear entries. BEar in your mind that, for HO - Important thing is their ability to verify the funds being abvailable to you in given 3 months. As long as you justify this creteria you will not face any difficulties getting through. Where are you planning to apply from? UK or Pakistan? If you are applying from UK, make sure you have a letter from your bank (on letter head) confirming your funds in equivalent of GBP. Please refer to the http://www.oanda.com/ This is the official website for UKBA for a conversion rate. ANd make sure, your bank mentiones the Local currency and equvalnt of GBP and in to bracket (Source: www.onada.com)

This should be more than enough to the best of my knowledge

Thanks,
R

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Raxs

arshad_maqbool_bhatti@hotmail.com

Yes: My current college was registered with DFES till last week......and it still exist and HO can Varify any details + college letter which shows my details and result also had DFES+TIER 4 register logo + no etc
Eventhough i'm NOT claiming my EDUCATION points from current college course.....BUT i''m claiming my earning from same period.........

I really apreciate ur help and advise....... Keep in Touch with us.......
It looks like from HO website that my case will be processed sooner/after 6 April.................
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:17 am

heyraxs1983, just saw your post, congratulations man!!!!!!!! wonderful news,you can relax now, gosh,what a ride! I hope to get goodnews too and soon. Take care.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:17 am

heyraxs1983, just saw your post, congratulations man!!!!!!!! wonderful news,you can relax now, gosh,what a ride! I hope to get goodnews too and soon. Take care.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:18 am

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:38 am

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:08 pm

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:10 pm

hey raxs1983, a big congratulations man,just saw your post. Hope i get good news soon too!

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:38 am

any update FLYG
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:38 am

any update FLYG
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:43 am

where r u -> Raxs
Tier 1 (G) to ILR