ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivery option

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Delivery option

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi,
I am sending my application on 26 March 2009 (Tomorrow) from London. Last date to reach the application is 30 march 09 to be considered in old tier-1 rule.
Total working Days : 3

What delivery type/option I should choose to send my tier-1 aplication(I will send through Royal mail) I mean registered delivery/ signed delivery/ speed delivery/ same day/ 1 day/ 10:00 AM delivery/ 2:00 PM delivery ? I am not much familior with the UK delivery options.

I want my application to be considered in the old tier1 rule.
What date are they going to consider for application to be considered in old rule ?

1) Day on which I send it through Royal Mail ?
2) Date on which payment has been deducted ?

Kindly share any link that you have of UKBA website which can clarify this doubt .

Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Delivery option

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:Hi,
I am sending my application on 26 March 2009 (Tomorrow) from London. Last date to reach the application is 30 march 09 to be considered in old tier-1 rule.
Total working Days : 3

What delivery type/option I should choose to send my tier-1 aplication(I will send through Royal mail) I mean registered delivery/ signed delivery/ speed delivery/ same day/ 1 day/ 10:00 AM delivery/ 2:00 PM delivery ? I am not much familior with the UK delivery options.

I want my application to be considered in the old tier1 rule.
What date are they going to consider for application to be considered in old rule ?

1) Day on which I send it through Royal Mail ?
2) Date on which payment has been deducted ?

Kindly share any link that you have of UKBA website which can clarify this doubt .

Thanks
Please, not another thread.........

The date of posting is what counts. Get evidence of posting, so either special or recorded, whatever you want.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Not to offend you but I just want to know that is there any link of UKBA which proves your statement...
Because I have read somewhere that the day on which payment gets deducted gets counted for the application date. I might be wrong but just want to double check...
Please do not be offended and help me.

PS : I have started this another thread and will try to accomodate my all questions in future in this thread only.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:Not to offend you but I just want to know that is there any link of UKBA which proves your statement...
Because I have read somewhere that the day on which payment gets deducted gets counted for the application date. I might be wrong but just want to double check...
Please do not be offended and help me.

PS : I have started this another thread and will try to accomodate my all questions in future in this thread only.
If you are sending it by post, then the date of application.
Look at the guidance notes, it clearly says so.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 pm

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I have found following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/
hi ya
its better for u to send it through royal mail special delivery and when u send through royal mail then the day u post is considered to be the processing date...

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:43 am

The date of posting is considered to be the date of application assuming you use Royal Mail. If you use a courier service, then it's usually the date the application reaches the UKBA.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:58 am

Can any body share the name of the post office in UK from which Royal mail delivers the special delivery to the home office for tier-1 application ?
My application has been delivered by DARLINGTON Delivery Office .
Is it correct ?
Just wanted to make sure that I am on right track.

Also, can anybody share that how long these people take to deduct the money from the credit card ? My application has been received by UKBA today but no money has been deducted from my account. I have dispatched my application yesterday through Royal mail special delivery.

kindly share...
Thanks.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 am

Hi,
Could any body please shed some light on my last query along with following query:
Whenever I call home office on number 0870 606 7766 I get the message that 'All of our immigration officer are currently busy. You need to call us if you want to speak with a immigration officer' . I am never able to get through the call. Is there any way to reach somebody on this number or any alternate number ?