ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this salary alright?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmhtn
Newly Registered

Is this salary alright?

Post by mmhtn » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:49 am

Hi,

I've been offered salary of around 34000 in Southeast of Kent. I have five years of J2EE development experience mostly on BEA platform. Is this good enough or should I ask for higher?

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:06 pm

Considering starting salary for a J2EE developer could be as low as 22-25k, this seems ok as this calculates as about 1.8k extra for each year of experience. Plus as this is south coast and not London the salary seems fine.

You may want to push for more if there are no extra incentives.

Another point: do they use the BEA software solutions etc.? If so and they are not experts you could push for more.

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:06 pm

This seems to be your second job, can you tell us what was your startin salary here.

I am looking for job and don't know what to ask for in terms of salary. I come from embedded C background.

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:56 pm

Shoaib, I suggest you go for a minimum of 25-30K. I am a unix sysadmin, and i don't go below 30K or £30 per hour.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:16 pm

Thanks Alogomeji. I am looking for salary in the range from 30k to 35k. I did get a offer of 30K within three weeks after landing (unfortunately that offer was verbal and was withdrawn after three days due to some unknown buisness reasons), So I strongly believe that I am worth more than that but for starting I think i should accept anything equal or above 30K.