ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need answers to many questions, please advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashiflm

Need answers to many questions, please advice

Post by kashiflm » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 pm

UK Visa Queries:

I am from India currently residing and working in USA and my fiancée is from India currently residing and working in India. I want to get married ASAP since I have already delayed it by two years. I am thinking of this weird scenario of migrating to UK since I want to avoid going to India and rather thought of getting married outside India due to my current job, global recession and personal/financial circumstances. Hopefully UK will work out. Here are some concerns that I had in my mind about migrating and getting married in UK.

1. My purpose is to get married in UK and take my wife to USA on H4 spouse visa from UK, which visa will suit me the best for my scenario.

2. I was thinking Tier 1 visa would suit my situation and I do qualify to apply for Tier 1 Visa, but had few queries as follows. Does the Tier 1 Dependent Visa need to be applied from India or I can apply it together with my application for Tier 1 Visa from USA.

3. How do I prove my relation with my Fiancée, What documents would I need in the application. I just have few casual pictures, Emails, Letters and a personal in word approval from my parents.

4. If I get the Tier 1 Visa, it will be my option to stay in UK or stay in some other country with my spouse. Can I extend my Tier 1 visa after every 2 years or do I loose the opportunity of extension if I do not use my Tier 1 visa phase 1.

5. To qualify for Tier 1 Visa it asks about the Earnings in the form, Does my Income earnings are Gross specific or the actual earnings (Pay checks) for one year or the specified period of time.

April (2008 – 2009)  Gross (Without Tax deductions) = $49597.50 (35 points earned)
April (2008 – 2009)  Actual (After Tax deductions) = $22380.90 (5 Points earned)

6. Can we consider the Income earning for the past three years or more or do we need to be precisely specify about the past one year earnings as per the application rules.

7. Do I need to provide a leave notice document from my company if I was on vacation for duration of 4 Months (2 Months in India & 2 Months in USA) without any pay within the one year considered for declaring my earnings?

8. Since I do not have enough funds for Tier 1 as of now, I would need to wait for 3 months of consecutive $7000 maintenance and 1 month of statement time prior to the date of my application submission. Please correct me if I am wrong.

9. Where can I and my Fiancée in USA/India take the Biometric Test.?

10. Does it precisely take 30-60 days of processing time for Tier 1 Visa (as mentioned on the website) for both principle applicant visa and dependent visa combined, since I am planning to apply for both at the same time?

11. If my Fiancée have a visitors visa for UK and I have a Tier 1 visa then in order to get married I would only need to take an “Entry Clearance Endorsementâ€

ejobs_01

Re: Need answers to many questions, please advice

Post by ejobs_01 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:08 am

[quote="kashiflm"]UK Visa Queries:

I am from India currently residing and working in USA and my fiancée is from India currently residing and working in India. I want to get married ASAP since I have already delayed it by two years. I am thinking of this weird scenario of migrating to UK since I want to avoid going to India and rather thought of getting married outside India due to my current job, global recession and personal/financial circumstances. Hopefully UK will work out. Here are some concerns that I had in my mind about migrating and getting married in UK.

1. My purpose is to get married in UK and take my wife to USA on H4 spouse visa from UK, which visa will suit me the best for my scenario.

2. I was thinking Tier 1 visa would suit my situation and I do qualify to apply for Tier 1 Visa, but had few queries as follows. Does the Tier 1 Dependent Visa need to be applied from India or I can apply it together with my application for Tier 1 Visa from USA.

3. How do I prove my relation with my Fiancée, What documents would I need in the application. I just have few casual pictures, Emails, Letters and a personal in word approval from my parents.

4. If I get the Tier 1 Visa, it will be my option to stay in UK or stay in some other country with my spouse. Can I extend my Tier 1 visa after every 2 years or do I loose the opportunity of extension if I do not use my Tier 1 visa phase 1.

5. To qualify for Tier 1 Visa it asks about the Earnings in the form, Does my Income earnings are Gross specific or the actual earnings (Pay checks) for one year or the specified period of time.

April (2008 – 2009)  Gross (Without Tax deductions) = $49597.50 (35 points earned)
April (2008 – 2009)  Actual (After Tax deductions) = $22380.90 (5 Points earned)

6. Can we consider the Income earning for the past three years or more or do we need to be precisely specify about the past one year earnings as per the application rules.

7. Do I need to provide a leave notice document from my company if I was on vacation for duration of 4 Months (2 Months in India & 2 Months in USA) without any pay within the one year considered for declaring my earnings?

8. Since I do not have enough funds for Tier 1 as of now, I would need to wait for 3 months of consecutive $7000 maintenance and 1 month of statement time prior to the date of my application submission. Please correct me if I am wrong.

9. Where can I and my Fiancée in USA/India take the Biometric Test.?

10. Does it precisely take 30-60 days of processing time for Tier 1 Visa (as mentioned on the website) for both principle applicant visa and dependent visa combined, since I am planning to apply for both at the same time?

11. If my Fiancée have a visitors visa for UK and I have a Tier 1 visa then in order to get married I would only need to take an “Entry Clearance Endorsementâ€

kashiflm

Post by kashiflm » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:09 pm

I didn't wanted to post one post at a time to ask the questions related to one topic. I found this website in the google, that means I googled and read a lot about the Tier 1 and Fiancee Visa. I believe they are not so difficult to understand and answer if you read them carefully. I am still searching other possibilties but everywhere they just ask for money for consultation. I am not rich celebrity, I want to save money as much as possible in this time of recession. Please someone answer my questions. I shall be very greatfull.

Thanks

kashiflm

Post by kashiflm » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:20 pm

Should I break down the questions into one at a time ?
No body wants to read this post at all. :cry: :cry:

Please someone help me.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm

You have posted in the wrong forum mate. Put these questions under Tier 1.
Also looks like you have not read the Tier 1 general guidelines. Read the guidelines and searching this forum. You will get answer for most of your questions.

kashiflm

Post by kashiflm » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:41 pm

My bad. Gosh no one even told me that accept you, approximately 200 people have read this post already. I was waiting like fool.

BTW I came up with these questions after reading the Tier 1 visa guidelines, some of these questions are to reassure and some are doubts pertaining in my mind.

Thanks for your help.