ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can non-UK national apply for canadian immigration from UK

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

citriaz
Newly Registered

Can non-UK national apply for canadian immigration from UK

Post by citriaz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 am

Hi,

I am living in uk on work permit, I want to apply for Canadian immigration in the criteria of skilled worker.
Can I apply from UK if I am not permanent resident of UK?

Do I have to still take an IELTS test if i have studied in UK and obtained an MSc degree from here?
Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Riaz

yes, you can apply Canadian Immigration from UK. Your resident country would be UK.

Its better to do IELTS even though you have UK masters degree. I have MA from a UK university but still I did IELTS. I am sure they would ask you once you would submitt your documents.
Thinking low is crime....

citriaz
Newly Registered

Post by citriaz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:18 pm

T_mahmood wrote:Hi Riaz

yes, you can apply Canadian Immigration from UK. Your resident country would be UK.

Its better to do IELTS even though you have UK masters degree. I have MA from a UK university but still I did IELTS. I am sure they would ask you once you would submitt your documents.
Thank you mahmood!
Good to hear from you, I don’t know about the application procedure, I will really appreciate about if you could tell me about the application procedure on simplified form.

Should I submit my application before I take IELTS test?
Would it give me enough time to pass the IELTS test before they ask for documents submission?

What documents they have asked from you if your application is processed yet?

Thanks,

Riaz