ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 and Employer's Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi there,

I am planning to apply for my extension early in June 09 using the financial year to apply for my extension. I will be 9 months ahead of my actual extension but I am finding it difficult to secure good roles because of the limited months left in my visa. I am presenting P60 and employer's letter as form of evidence for 'Previous Earnings'. Any idea if that is sufficient? Is P60 and employer's letter classified as the same source?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Touchsensor

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: P60 and Employer's Letter

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:07 pm

yes P60, payslips and letter from employer is considered as one source. You must have bankstatments as 2nd source.

touchsensor wrote:Hi there,

I am planning to apply for my extension early in June 09 using the financial year to apply for my extension. I will be 9 months ahead of my actual extension but I am finding it difficult to secure good roles because of the limited months left in my visa. I am presenting P60 and employer's letter as form of evidence for 'Previous Earnings'. Any idea if that is sufficient? Is P60 and employer's letter classified as the same source?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Touchsensor
Thinking low is crime....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: P60 and Employer's Letter

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Make sure your employer's letter contains Gross-Net Salart details for each individual month. This would help case worker to corroborate the net salary with your bank statement.
touchsensor wrote:Hi there,
I am presenting P60 and employer's letter as form of evidence for 'Previous Earnings'. Any idea if that is sufficient?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Touch,
P60 AND EMPLOYER LETTER considered to be 2 different items,so you can apply on that,P60 is a official HMRC document,its been issued by employer but its official as per guidelines of Tier1.
No doubt abt it.

dextar

Post by dextar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:25 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Touch,
P60 AND EMPLOYER LETTER considered to be 2 different items,so you can apply on that,P60 is a official HMRC document,its been issued by employer but its official as per guidelines of Tier1.
No doubt abt it.
P60, Empolyer letter and Payslip, all cosdier as one source of proof. Furthermore, P60 is an official HMRC document issued by emoloyer not issued by HMRC. Hence, source for all previously mentiond docs is one i.e. Employer.

You can search on this forum, you will find many posts on this issue.
Last edited by dextar on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks SSCOT. That means my total income earned and tax paid on P60 must be the same as the employer's salary breakdown. That is great. I can get that done. I am considering applying end of June 09/early July 09. My current leave to remain expires in March but I am finding it difficult to secure permanent roles because of this time limit.

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks SSCOT. That means my total income earned and tax paid on P60 must be the same as the employer's salary breakdown. That is great. I can get that done. I am considering applying end of June 09/early July 09. My current leave to remain expires in March but I am finding it difficult to secure permanent roles because of this time limit.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:45 am

These all information you can also get from phoning wp,and case worker assits u more clealy.
In Tier 1 form P60 written as hmrc document.

confusedsoul
Newly Registered

Post by confusedsoul » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:43 am

In the new guidelines published on 18th March (valid from 31st March 2009) it is clearly stated that an applicant should not provide a combination of payslips and p60 as we consider both these documents from the same source. Same should be true for employer letter and p60.

There has been some confusion regarding this, a lot of people arguing for and against p60 and payslips being a valid combination of documents or not but now its clear that employer letter, p60 and payslips are all one source as per the new guidelines. It is now mentioned in Black and White so please don't take the risk of having your case refused by providing either payslip and p60 or employer letter and p60. One should use bank statements instead, they seem to have become a complusory piece of evidence for people in salaried employments.

confusedsoul
Newly Registered

Post by confusedsoul » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:43 am

In the new guidelines published on 18th March (valid from 31st March 2009) it is clearly stated that an applicant should not provide a combination of payslips and p60 as we consider both these documents from the same source. Same should be true for employer letter and p60.

There has been some confusion regarding this, a lot of people arguing for and against p60 and payslips being a valid combination of documents or not but now its clear that employer letter, p60 and payslips are all one source as per the new guidelines. It is now mentioned in Black and White so please don't take the risk of having your case refused by providing either payslip and p60 or employer letter and p60. One should use bank statements instead, they seem to have become a complusory piece of evidence for people in salaried employments.

confusedsoul
Newly Registered

employer letter and p60 are from the same source

Post by confusedsoul » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:44 am