ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 - LTR Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 am

LuasPassenger wrote:
melon wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:Congratulations melon! :)

By the way, did you get a Stamp 6 when you renewed your GNIB card?
HI,LP

i and my husband are goning to INIS next tuesday. i have printout the information on DETE website which you gave and bring it with me. as for as i know my husband should get stamp6 that i knew in 2005. i have never heard stamp 5 before i came to this forum.
I think you get Stamp 5 after naturalisation if your original country allows you to hold dual citizenship. Basically, you get your Irish naturalisation certificate and then you can get a Stamp 5 in your non-Irish passport to show that even if you're a national of that other country you're a national of Ireland as well.

Of course, getting an Irish passport should be enough... But getting the stamp 5 on your foreign passport could be handy in case you lose your Irish passport.

Good luck at the GNIB next week! :)

LP

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:36 am

tiggs wrote:Hi Melon/LP,
Stamp 5 / Stamp6 confusion is still ON :roll: :roll: :roll: (can't elaborate at the moment). And Melon if you going to Dublin GNIB office, find out whats the story with Visa ? and possibly your stamp also
Thanks in advance i will keep u posted also. Am going again on Wednesday , last Wednesday IO was out.
Regards
Tiggs
HI, tiggs

i will try it . actully i am quite scared them . i just want to run away after renew the visa every time .:oops: :(

i will post here on tue. what i find . scaring :cry:

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 am

Hi Melon,
Why shud be scared of immigration officer :roll: unless u view them with two horns n red in color :evil: :lol: .. Just messing...take it easy and let us know how things go with you :) Best of luck
Will keep everyone posted if i come across anything :)
Regards
Tiggs

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi Melon,
:P how did it go at gnib today?
Regards
Tiggs

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi Melon,
:P how did it go at gnib today?
Regards
Tiggs
hi,tiggs!

i just came back from INIS. we have waited to get his GNIB card renewed for 6 hours in INIS and paid 150 ERU .ohhhhhhhhhh !

my husband received a Stamp 6 and was fingerprinted . it is valid for the duration of his passport and re-entry visa is requested.

When the officer saw the "without condition as to time" endorsement,he does know it .he asked to his colleague who was next to him right side and left side about it .after that he said to his colleague "are you sure" !

when i asked to him i have been here for 7 years as stamp 3 what will happen on me after my husband got stamp 6.
he asked his colleague again who was next t to him! then he said to me
when you have stayed in here for 8 years then you can apply but i do not know stamp 4 or 6....... :evil: he did not know all my questions even the re-entry visa. i was not scared today but still ran away because he drove me mad and a long hour waiting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

tiggs, i forgot to ask him how we will renew the next term after we change new passport . what document do we have to submit . could you help me to check it if possible. many thanks!

good luck at GNIB tomorrow
melon

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 pm

sorry ,tiggs . the officer does not know it at all.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:48 pm

When you get a new passport you can renew your stamp by either submiting your new passport again by registered post or by requesting an appointment.

See info on renewals here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 am

LuasPassenger wrote:When you get a new passport you can renew your stamp by either submiting your new passport again by registered post or by requesting an appointment.

See info on renewals here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements
thanks, LP!

do i have to write a covering letter again when i submit my new passport to renew my stamp6. what should i write to them ? :roll:

thanks

melon

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:50 am

Hi Melon,
Renewal letter should be same format as sent before, only this time u can say that you already have "Without condition as to time" already.
Did you go to GNIB office in dublin is it ?

Rest i be going to GNIB in short while will let you what happened :)
Regards
Tiggs

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:29 am

Hi LP n Melon,
Guess what..i got stamp 5 :wink: :wink: :wink:
i took all the print outs but IO pointed they are not from justice department. Communication sent by Justice in print say its stamp 5 for without condition as to time. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Anyways i dont mind either way. But it adds more to confusion init.
Regards
Tiggs

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Tiggs,

I had got stamp4 when I went to IO. Then after reading through the links you guys posted here, I rang the IO again and spoke to him about this. He said, yes I'll get a stamp6. I'll be going to get my stamp changed to stamp6 from stamp4.

Will be going to IO some time next week.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Cheers,
Ace

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:13 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi LP n Melon,
i took all the print outs but IO pointed they are not from justice department. Communication sent by Justice in print say its stamp 5 for without condition as to time. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Regards
Tiggs
Oh gosh! They are wrong. They should have given you Stamp 6. And the GNIB and the Gardai do belong to the Department of Justice. Well, this just shows how bad communication is within the Government. Shocking really.

Anyway, don't worry as Stamp 5 and Stamp 6 are almost the same thing. The differences are just technicalities. But the GNIB should communicate with INIS better!

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:12 am

tiggs wrote:Hi LP n Melon,
Regards
Tiggs
oh,tiggs !

how come? maybe we have some difference in your case. i am quite confused. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:29 am

Aceform wrote:Hi Tiggs,

I had got stamp4 when I went to IO. Then after reading through the links you guys posted here, I rang the IO again and spoke to him about this. He said, yes I'll get a stamp6. I'll be going to get my stamp changed to stamp6 from stamp4.

Will be going to IO some time next week.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Cheers,
Ace
Good. Just make sure they don't charge you 150 EUR again! :)

kthanasi
Newly Registered

Stamp 5/6?? - Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Post by kthanasi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi,

I have recently submitted my application for Stamp 6 - Without Condition As To Time Endorsement and I am currently on Stamp 4 where else my wife is on Stamp 3. I was just wondering if she will be allowed to work after I obtained my Stamp 6. Does anyone know anything about this? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Stamp 5/6?? - Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Post by Ben » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:22 pm

kthanasi wrote:Hi,

I have recently submitted my application for Stamp 6 - Without Condition As To Time Endorsement and I am currently on Stamp 4 where else my wife is on Stamp 3. I was just wondering if she will be allowed to work after I obtained my Stamp 6. Does anyone know anything about this? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Do you mean Stamp 5 - Without Condition As To Time? Stamp 6 is only for Irish citizens.

Should you receive the Stamp 5 endorsement, following 8 years legal residency in the State, I don't believe this affects in any way the status of your spouse. So, she stays on Stamp 3 until she herself is able to qualify for Stamp 5 (after 8 years legal residency).

I'm not 100% on this though, I have to say.

kthanasi
Newly Registered

Stamp 5 - Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Post by kthanasi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi Benifa,

Thanks for your reply. It should read Stamp 5. I wonder if she sends in her application for Stamp 5 considering the fact that she has been living in Ireland for the last 8 years, will she have her stamps changed from 3 to 5? Does anyone know more about this?

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Stamp 5 - Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Post by Ben » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:26 pm

kthanasi wrote:I wonder if she sends in her application for Stamp 5 considering the fact that she has been living in Ireland for the last 8 years, will she have her stamps changed from 3 to 5? Does anyone know more about this?
The DoJ seems pretty clear on this:
Department of Justice wrote:If you have completed 8 years legal residency in Ireland excluding student conditions you may qualify for a "Without Condition as to Time" endorsement.
So yes, so long as the 8 years your wife has been resident in Ireland have been legal, and exclude student conditions, I believe she would qualify for Stamp 5, too.

kthanasi
Newly Registered

Post by kthanasi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi Benifa,

Thanks very much for the information. Much appreciated it.

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:32 pm

hi,all

did anybody send INIS a cope of STAMP 5 to update naturalision ?

If we do so it will make application fast or delay? or refused? i have totally no idea. :( . what is your idea?

i have been looking forward to hearing from you .

thank you

melon.

whilewaiting
Newly Registered

LTR or "Without Condition As To Time" Endorsements

Post by whilewaiting » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:18 am

Dears , I just received my LTR (Long Term Residency) approval letter from INIS after 25 months , in the meantime , in 3 more months I will be full 8 years in Ireland so I guess I will be entiteled to apply for "Without Condition As To Time" Endorsements .

My question is : which is better for me the LRT ( which is 5 years stamp 4 , renewable ? ) or "Without Condition As To Time" ( which is indefinite stay , 5 years stamp 5/6 , renewable ?) .

From previous posts there is no advantage for my spouse (to be) in terms of stamps , she will always be stamp3 unless she qualifies herself for any other stamp .

Currenlty I am on stamp1 - work permit , applied for naturalised in Sep06 , 5 years WP .

Naturalisation status :
Applied in Sep.06.
Addl Doc requested - Sep.08
Addl doc sent - Oct.08

Please come back to me with your advice on which residency I should choose LTR or "Without Condition As To Time" ? and please confirm the duration of GNIB card for "Without Condition As To Time" and how often it needs to be renewed .

Thanks in advance for your feedback
While waiting

LuasPassenger

Re: LTR or "Without Condition As To Time" Endorsem

Post by LuasPassenger » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:35 pm

whilewaiting wrote:Dears , I just received my LTR (Long Term Residency) approval letter from INIS after 25 months , in the meantime , in 3 more months I will be full 8 years in Ireland so I guess I will be entiteled to apply for "Without Condition As To Time" Endorsements .

My question is : which is better for me the LRT ( which is 5 years stamp 4 , renewable ? ) or "Without Condition As To Time" ( which is indefinite stay , 5 years stamp 5/6 , renewable ?) .

From previous posts there is no advantage for my spouse (to be) in terms of stamps , she will always be stamp3 unless she qualifies herself for any other stamp .

Currenlty I am on stamp1 - work permit , applied for naturalised in Sep06 , 5 years WP .

Naturalisation status :
Applied in Sep.06.
Addl Doc requested - Sep.08
Addl doc sent - Oct.08

Please come back to me with your advice on which residency I should choose LTR or "Without Condition As To Time" ? and please confirm the duration of GNIB card for "Without Condition As To Time" and how often it needs to be renewed .

Thanks in advance for your feedback
While waiting
I think it's really up to you. You might already get naturalisation approved within these 3 months. If that happens, you won't need to request "without condition as to time".

Anyway, the LTR protects you for 5 years, which gives you plenty of time to get your citizenship. :) So I don't really see much point in getting the "withou condition as to time" endorsement.

If you're still interested anyway, you can apply for it by registered post (details on INIS website). It only takes 3-4 working days to get it approved. The only downside is that you must submit all of your original passports that have an immigration stamp with it.

Thanks,
LP

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi,
It depends when your current permit expires, but...

It is possible that you may get citizenship approval in the next 3 months.
Have you called to check the progress of your application?

So, perhaps, don't do anything (including getting your LTR stamp, at a cost of €150) until your 8 years is finished, then, if your naturalisation approval still hasn't happened, think about applying for WCT. You still have your LTR approval in reserve if you need it in the meantime.

Why pay €150 for the stamp for LTR when you can get WCT in 3 months or possibly even get citizenship and avoid the whole thing?

I am not sure, but I think the WCT is until the end of your current passport (others could confirm), whereas the LTR is for 5 years from the date of the approval letter or until the end of your current passport, whichever comes first.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:10 pm

tom4 wrote:Hi,
It depends when your current permit expires, but...

It is possible that you may get citizenship approval in the next 3 months.
Have you called to check the progress of your application?

So, perhaps, don't do anything (including getting your LTR stamp, at a cost of €150) until your 8 years is finished, then, if your naturalisation approval still hasn't happened, think about applying for WCT. You still have your LTR approval in reserve if you need it in the meantime.

Why pay €150 for the stamp for LTR when you can get WCT in 3 months or possibly even get citizenship and avoid the whole thing?

I am not sure, but I think the WCT is until the end of your current passport (others could confirm), whereas the LTR is for 5 years from the date of the approval letter or until the end of your current passport, whichever comes first.
Oh yes, I forgot to say.... WCT doesn't expire *in theory*. In practice, it is granted until the expiry date on your passport. When your passport expires and you get a new one, you just need to renew your WCT by submitting your expired passport and your new passport (both original) by registered post to INIS (details on INIS website).

I also forgot to mention that when you get your passport back with the WCT endorsement, you are required to go back to GNIB to get a new GNIB registration card. This card costs €150.

I'm not sure if you have to pay for LTR (I don't have this myself). But if you have to pay for that, then you'll be paying a total of €300 for LTR and WCT... And remember that you'll have to pay €900 for your naturalisation..... So it's getting a bit expensive....

LP

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:02 pm

It is €150 for LTR, and although they give it for 5 years or the expiry of your current passport, the remainder of the 5 years is transferrable to the new passport.
This is made irrelevant because by that time we all will have qualified for WCT.
My view: wait for at least 3 months (unless your current permit expires before that).

We'll all be interested to know what you do and when/if you get naturalised.

There is a very useful spreadsheet for naturalisation, feel free to add your name: http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps