ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to show maintenance funds in dependant's account ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

achintk
Newly Registered

Do I need to show maintenance funds in dependant's account ?

Post by achintk » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:22 pm

HI all

I'll be applying for HSMP - Tier 1 (General) extension by mid of April along with an application for a dependant (my wife).

I am a little confused about the maintenance funds for the dependant.
In Tier 1 (General) guidance notes it is mentioned :

200. Any dependants wishing to join the main applicant must also provide evidence that they have access to sufficient funds. Please refer to the dependants guidance which can be found on our website at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/.

That means do I need to show the maintenance funds for my wife in our joint account or in her account OR will it be fine if I show the funds in my account only. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't have a bank account in UK.

Thanks
AK

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need to show maintenance funds in dependant's accou

Post by yasa » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:35 pm

achintk wrote:HI all

I'll be applying for HSMP - Tier 1 (General) extension by mid of April along with an application for a dependant (my wife).

200. Any dependants wishing to join the main applicant must also provide evidence that they have access to sufficient funds. Please refer to the dependants guidance which can be found on our website at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/.

That means do I need to show the maintenance funds for my wife in our joint account or in her account OR will it be fine if I show the funds in my account only. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't have a bank account in UK.

Thanks
AK
your account is fine... no need to show her account... she is your dependant it means she is depending upon u....

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need to show maintenance funds in dependant's accou

Post by yasa » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:35 pm

achintk wrote:HI all

Thanks
AK
your account is fine... no need to show her account... she is your dependant it means she is depending upon u....