ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel/keep passport while appealing for PSW?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emily C
Newly Registered

Can I travel/keep passport while appealing for PSW?

Post by Emily C » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 am

Hi all,

This forum has been really helpful to me throughout this application process- even just to know that others are going through all the red tape as well!
My student visa exprired on 31st Jan. I applied for a PSW on 30th Jan and the application was with the UKBA for six weeks exactly. I was rejected for my PSW as my account balance had fallen to 749.99 on one day (18th Nov), for less that 24 hours. However, I have the right to appeal, and I plan to do so today or tomorrow. My deadline is 1st April to appeal. My plan is to send on proof that I actually had that extra £50.00 in another bank account ( I did not know this was allowed until reading on this forum), and also to send on bank statements showing that I have had £800 in my account for three months SINCE 18th Nov. So hopefully I am supplying as much evidence as possible.

I have two questions, if anyone could possibly help me out:
- Do I have to send in my passport with my appeal?
- If not, can I travel (from UK to Ireland, i.e using my passport) while my appeal application is in process?

Thanks to any and all who can offer some advice!!

Emily

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi

No you dont need to send in your passport with the appeal form.

You should aim to send the appeal form two days before the deadline so it reaches them on the day. You can also fax it to them on the deadline, and send the original form by post to be safe.

I dont think you can travel to Ireland, Nothern Ireland yes, but not any part of Ireland that isnt in the UK. If you do, there is a risk of being refused entry, and effectively you withdraw your appeal if you travel outside the UK.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Cheryl is spot on with the answers.
If you leave the UK while your appeal has not been heard and decided upon, it will be considered to have been withdrawn.
Please exercise patience because you need a great deal of it to see you through the appeal process.

Emily C
Newly Registered

Post by Emily C » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks so much Cheryl and Koolbone.

I will just have to be patient and not travel.

Sending off the appeal letter today, fingers crossed.

Emily

zarikashif

kan i travel after winning appeal

Post by zarikashif » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:47 pm

hi mates,
my appeal is allowed so kan i travell but havnt visa stamped on my passport
thanks

zarikashif

kan i travel after winning appeal

Post by zarikashif » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:47 pm

hi mates,
thanks

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: kan i travel after winning appeal

Post by Diokpa » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:27 am

zarikashif wrote:hi mates,
thanks
No you cannot travel until you have the visa endorsed on your passport which might take a couple of weeks after your visa is allowed.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

A

long post-appeal waiting time.

Post by A » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:01 pm

Hello,

Emily C - the patience advice is very true. Just to give you an idea of my situation (which is not necessarily reflective of what it will be for you), I successfully appealed on 12th Jan, with AIT determination being received on 20th Jan and I still have heard NOTHING from the HO. Every time I call, no-one can help at all. I have lodged a complaint but heard nothing from that either, so do be patient. Even if your appeal is successful, it does not automatically mean they actually bother to give you your visa in any hurry!!!! Take care.

zarikashif/Diokpa - as I mentioned above, my appeal was allowed on 12th Jan and I still have heard nothing from the HO so it can take far more than "a couple of weeks after your visa is allowed" unfortunately. So I certainly wouldn't be making any travel plans at all until you have that visa in your hands!

Good luck to all - I understand how painful and frustrating the long wait can be - it's been nearly seven months in total for me!

A.

A

long post-appeal waiting time.

Post by A » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Hello,

Emily C - the patience advice is very true. Just to give you an idea of my situation (which is not necessarily reflective of what it will be for you), I successfully appealed on 12th Jan, with AIT determination being received on 20th Jan and I still have heard NOTHING from the HO. Every time I call, no-one can help at all. I have lodged a complaint but heard nothing from that either, so do be patient. Even if your appeal is successful, it does not automatically mean they actually bother to give you your visa in any hurry!!!! Take care.

zarikashif/Diokpa - as I mentioned above, my appeal was allowed on 12th Jan and I still have heard nothing from the HO so it can take far more than "a couple of weeks after your visa is allowed" unfortunately. So I certainly wouldn't be making any travel plans at all until you have that visa in your hands!

Good luck to all - I understand how painful and frustrating the long wait can be - it's been nearly seven months in total for me!

A.

zarikashif

Re: long post-appeal waiting time.

Post by zarikashif » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:27 pm

hi Diokpa
hoping u r kool
have u got your visa or still waiting

zarikashif

Post by zarikashif » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 pm

hi Mr A
where did u call for informaion regarding call letter or wt they say i think if u call at your hearing center den u kan get the right informtaion
cheerz

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 pm

zarikashif wrote:hi Diokpa
hoping u r kool
have u got your visa or still waiting
Still waiting on the visa to come through.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

A

Post by A » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Hello zarikashif,

I do not know what you mean by a 'call letter'? Never heard of it! Also, from following your threads, I understand you are going for a different visa (ie NOT a PSW Visa) so perhaps your situation/process is different to mine as I've applied for a PSW Visa. There is no number for me to call other than the usual (useless) Immigration Enquiry Bureau, who give me no answers as to when or how I will get my visa. It's been nearly 3 months since my AIT appeal was allowed and I've heard nothing at all from anyone.

Anyway, good luck!
A.

zarikashif

psw visa call letter

Post by zarikashif » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:34 pm

hi A,
my visa is psw visa,call letter is send by home office for stamping visa on your passport,i m asking where u hearing was in uk e.g london birminem or where u went for hearing tell me so i will give u some helpfull contact numbers
cheerz

A

Post by A » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:50 pm

zarikashif - hi again. Thanks for clarifying that.
My AIT hearing was 12th Jan and in London. I received my determination on 20th Jan and the HO did not lodge an appeal against the AIT's decision. I didn't realise the letter which the HO sends is called a call letter. Handy to know.

Thanks,
A.

zarikashif

which center

Post by zarikashif » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 pm

was your hearning in angel squre (tylor court central london)

A

Post by A » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Yes it was at Taylor House in Islington, London. Why??

zarikashif

contacts

Post by zarikashif » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:53 pm

no worries mate i was just asking to give their contacts
u kan wirte, fax or call them just try thse cotacts and let me know wt they say

Home Office Presenting Officer
Unit
3rd Floor
Building 1
1 Torrens Street
London
EC1V 1SX