ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transfer of a residence permit to a new passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UK_BR5

transfer of a residence permit to a new passport

Post by UK_BR5 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:36 pm

hi all,

I am a NON-EU family member of a Romanian citizen and I received a residence permit for 5 years on my passport.

I had a new passport issued now and I would like to know what is the procedure to transfer my permit from the old to the new passport.

Thank you in advance

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:17 pm

well as far as i know you would have to reapply.
hi

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: transfer of a residence permit to a new passport

Post by Plum70 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:17 pm

UK_BR5 wrote:hi all,

I am a NON-EU family member of a Romanian citizen and I received a residence permit for 5 years on my passport.

I had a new passport issued now and I would like to know what is the procedure to transfer my permit from the old to the new passport.
You will need to make a fresh EEA2 application. Current waiting times 6 - 12 months.

Ale13
Newly Registered

Post by Ale13 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:54 pm

you don't have too.
you can travel with both passports in your hand
just keep your old passport always with the new one

UK_BR5

Post by UK_BR5 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Plum70 wrote:
UK_BR5 wrote:hi all,

You will need to make a fresh EEA2 application. Current waiting times 6 - 12 months.
thank you very much for all for your replies,

i thought i could use the form TOC to do the trick and just pay the £165 to get the job done!
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresiden ... opassport/

btw, being a spouse of Romanian (or Bulgarian) i don't apply for an EEA2, i apply for a BR5 application, waiting time is 3 months.

so if i applied for a new one , does this reset my 5 years clock to the PR ?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:31 am

UK_BR5 wrote: i thought i could use the form TOC to do the trick and just pay the £165 to get the job done!
No, you cannot. This is for all other UK based visas.
No it is not reset. Remember that your UK residential qualifying period starts from the day of your marriage to our EU spouse and not when a residence document is issued.

UK_BR5

Post by UK_BR5 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:05 am

Plum70 wrote:
UK_BR5 wrote: i thought i could use the form TOC to do the trick and just pay the £165 to get the job done!
No, you cannot. This is for all other UK based visas.
No it is not reset. Remember that your UK residential qualifying period starts from the day of your marriage to our EU spouse and not when a residence document is issued.
thx plum70 for your clarification, i am just a bit confused..

so this means that i do not qualify on my own for the PR after 5 years of residence in the UK but rather i qualify when my EU spouse resides for 5 years and obtains PR first ? is that right ?

in this case, when does my spouse's 5 years clock start ? from the date stamped on her registration certificate (March 2009) or when she first arrived in the uk (July 2008)

bototo

Post by bototo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 am

I understood his comment to be "from the date of your marriage" and nothing to do with your spouse's residence.

UK_BR5

Post by UK_BR5 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:49 pm

bototo wrote:I understood his comment to be "from the date of your marriage" and nothing to do with your spouse's residence.
this is what i understood too, i thought that the EU citizen had to continue 5 years of continuous residence first so that he/she will be able to apply for PR and consequently the spouse. not after 5 years of marriage,kindly clarify

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:12 pm

UK_BR5 wrote:
bototo wrote:I understood his comment to be "from the date of your marriage" and nothing to do with your spouse's residence.
this is what i understood too, i thought that the EU citizen had to continue 5 years of continuous residence first so that he/she will be able to apply for PR and consequently the spouse. not after 5 years of marriage,kindly clarify
That's right. 5 years of continuous residence while exercising treaty rights.