ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering under PR visa for the first time need advice soon

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soulfullness

Entering under PR visa for the first time need advice soon

Post by soulfullness » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi All

I am in the process of preparation to go to Canada under Skilled worker class. I have following querries

1) Can the main applicant enter without the other family members first and the others to follow later within the visa date stamped on passports ?

2) I f the main applicant enter first without the other family members but carrying the total fund requirement in hand , wether it will be a problem at the entry point to other family members who suppose to follow at later dates?

Please note that the main applicant will be in Canada to receive the other members at the entry point

Your advise highly appreciated.

Bailies
Newly Registered

Post by Bailies » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi
I have just recieved my permanent visa and it does mention that the main applicant can travel before the rest of the family. Have a look through the letter you received from the embassy again.
Not too sure about the funds though but I would imagine it would be ok.
Susan

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 am

Hi Susan

Thank for your view and I read the letter it is OK to travel with or without other family members.

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the PR Card ? if I provide a Toronto or Vancouver address though I go to Toronto only?

Thank you again