ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS IT WORTH COMPLAING TO FOREIGN COMMENWEALTH OFFICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

IS IT WORTH COMPLAING TO FOREIGN COMMENWEALTH OFFICE

Post by SANCHADEV » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:05 pm

hi all,

Is it worth complaing to the Forgeign commenwealth office regarding the lousy service by the british high commission in Mumbai?

Anyone contacted the Forgeign commonwealth office?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:25 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

Post by SANCHADEV » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:46 pm

hi

i have already spoken to the commenwealth, and they told me to email all the communications i have received from BHC in Mumbai

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:17 pm

I was thinking of complaining about how our original application was handling, but will it affect the outcome of an appeal, sounds stupid but I really don't have any faith in these people, hence why we are lodging our appeal in the UK.
???REUNITED???

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

complaint

Post by SANCHADEV » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:59 pm

hi

guys my case was goingto the appeal coourts in uk for my wife visa, I made a strong complaint to the FCO and direct to the british high commission and guess what

the visa's have been granted.

so dont be afraid, the appeal does not effect anything, as long as you have point to point on what you are complaining about.

One thing for sure you have to make sure you are detailed in your complaint and come across correctly with harshness.

there you go, soon my wife will be here yipeeeeeeeeee

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

appeal

Post by SANCHADEV » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:05 pm

We lodged our complaint in Uk

it does not matter where you lodge it, end of the day the appeal gets decided at the review stage in India if that is where ur partner is.

the day you file the appeal it has 16 working weeks to consider that on the review stage then if they are happy they overturn the decision otherwise its a long long process as it then comes back to UK and then a date gets set for a hearing in UK Courts.

So Please take the mind out of the issue to lodge here, lodge it where you filled in the intial application it be quicker.!!!

But you cannot start complaining straight away as you dont stand a ground yet.

I had concerete backingfrom the AIT that is why, because they messed up on their proceudres and I pinned them to it. Which is my right.

need help on the whole more advise, just ask

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Now I am so confused where to lodge my husbands appeal, we are now using the IAS who always lodge the appeals here!!!, so they say.
The post where my husbands application was sent took 13 weeks or more and they were delaying, saying they were waiitng for information when allthe time they were sat on it, I want the fastest and fairest route for my husbands case to be looked at.

I know there is no easy route, would just like the most effective!!!!!!

Any ideas?????
???REUNITED???

nightrider

Re: complaint

Post by nightrider » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:39 am

SANCHADEV wrote:hi

guys my case was goingto the appeal coourts in uk for my wife visa, I made a strong complaint to the FCO and direct to the british high commission and guess what

the visa's have been granted.

so dont be afraid, the appeal does not effect anything, as long as you have point to point on what you are complaining about.

One thing for sure you have to make sure you are detailed in your complaint and come across correctly with harshness.

there you go, soon my wife will be here yipeeeeeeeeee
SANCHADEV

do you have the fco complaint address.. thanks

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 am

You can complain to the FCO but you are complaining internally to them.

alternatively Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (they deal with complaints about public bodies including the Foreign Office)

Do FCO first, and if not joy complain to the ombudsman

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Now I am so confused where to lodge my husbands appeal, we are now using the IAS who always lodge the appeals here!!!, so they say.
The post where my husbands application was sent took 13 weeks or more and they were delaying, saying they were waiitng for information when allthe time they were sat on it, I want the fastest and fairest route for my husbands case to be looked at.

I know there is no easy route, would just like the most effective!!!!!!

Any ideas?????

Always lodge the appeal at the British High Commision where you applied.
It will get dealt with quicker. If you lodge it in th UK with AIT, all they will do is send the docs to the BHC....could take 4-6 weeks.

Only lodge an application in UK, if you feel you wont get your application to the BHC within the time period ( 28 days)

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Hey thanks, for the advice, I do not trust the post and they even sent our documents back with someone elses photos in it along with ours, disgraceful and careless, they did not process within the timescale aswell.
Incompetence at its best!!!!!!
???REUNITED???