ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension no points..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daslimy1

HSMP extension no points..

Post by Daslimy1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi,

Thank you in advance for reading this!..I am not in a very happy situation, which is why I am here ;-0... I came here in March 08 on HSMP Visa with my wife on dependent visa. Things haven't really worked out for me , I have since been unemployed with no income. After all these months, I am finally close to starting something on my own. Being self employed is good but no income means I am unable to get any points for my extension which is due Dec 09. "What are my options"..is there anyway of extending or switching my visa...

Because of this uncertainty My wife is planning to get her own HSMP Visa, she has been working since we came here and pay is very well ..Problem is that to switch from dependent visa to HSMP she needs to go back to home country. Her employer is also fine to let her work from home country for 3 months...At this point it looks like the only option available..Is there anyway she can apply for HSMP here in UK.....

In the end should I be switching from HSMP to dependent visa here in UK after my wife gets her HSMP or Do I also apply with her in home country..

Really appreciate your patience, thanks again...Please let me know your suggestions!

Regards,
hsmpian
Everything comes to an end eventully...

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP extension no points..

Post by gotcha » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Daslimy1 wrote:Hi,

"What are my options"..is there anyway of extending or switching my visa...
There are still @ 8 months for your extension. See if you could earn required amount of money in these days.
Is there anyway she can apply for HSMP here in UK.....
No, she need to apply from home country.

In the end should I be switching from HSMP to dependent visa here in UK after my wife gets her HSMP or Do I also apply with her in home country..
yes.

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks for your reply Gotcha..I am a Project Manager in IT and have found the market pretty tough! I am starting out on my own now and its work but I think it might be sometime before I can make some money..However with regards to my wife's visa its says

" Switching in to the points-based system
Dependants may not switch into any category of the points-based system in their own right. If your dependants later want to be in the United Kingdom under the points-based system in their own right, they will have to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance (permission to enter the United Kingdom)."

However I am not sure if this is applicable in my case!

Thanks again..

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks for your reply Gotcha..I am a Project Manager in IT and have found the market pretty tough! I am starting out on my own now and its work but I think it might be sometime before I can make some money..However with regards to my wife's visa its says

Dependants may not switch into any category of the points-based system in their own right. If your dependants later want to be in the United Kingdom under the points-based system in their own right, they will have to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance (permission to enter the United Kingdom)."

Thanks again..

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks again..

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:31 pm

My apologies for posting it twice..was getting debug server error..Now I am unable to delete it...

Cheers!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 pm

You can become a dependent of Tier-1 if you were a dependent of the main applicant when he/she switched or applied for Tier-1 for the first time. Unfortunately you dont tick the boxes.

Exact wordings:
Switching is permitted when applying as a family member who currently holds leave as the partner or child of a person who had leave under another category and who has since been granted, or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:36 am

Thanks! Its quite a sticky situation, I am planning to go to india in sept/oct for my wife's hsmp...do you suggest I apply with her in india for dependent visa or should I wait it out come back to UK and apply..My understanding is that its free when apply together or £ 350 if I apply at a later date?

Cheers.

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:12 pm

anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 pm

Daslimy1 wrote:Thanks! Its quite a sticky situation, I am planning to go to india in sept/oct for my wife's hsmp...do you suggest I apply with her in india for dependent visa or should I wait it out come back to UK and apply..My understanding is that its free when apply together or £ 350 if I apply at a later date?

Cheers.
Single fee of £750 when you apply together and as an in country applicant. Fee is payable for every applicant when applied from outside -whether or not applied together.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks..I will be packing bags for a trip later in the year..

Cheers!