ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending applications?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Biswanath

Pending applications?

Post by Biswanath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Hello anyone has any idea how much time home office will take to process the pending applications which were submitted oct/nov,2008?I am really fed up.Because it's been for five months.Is there any solution?

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:35 pm

What type of application did you make?

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:39 pm

psw,tier1

S_hope
Newly Registered

Re: Pending applications?

Post by S_hope » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Biswanath wrote:Hello anyone has any idea how much time home office will take to process the pending applications which were submitted oct/nov,2008?I am really fed up.Because it's been for five months.Is there any solution?
No clue dude. Frustrated as well. Waiting since OCT.

A

a suggestion.

Post by A » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Hello,

I completely understand your frustrations. I take it whenever you call the Immigration Enquiry Bureau like I do, they simply say "application is being processed" and won't really give any help at all?

If I were you, I would do the only thing(s) which you can really do in such a situation. Lodge an official complaint with the HO (details are outlined on the UKBA website under complaints) and I'd even consider contacting your local MP. I myself lodged a complaint a month ago and have an appointment with my MP this week to try to get some outside help. I'm also going to contact my embassy here in London.

That's my suggestion. The fact that you have been waiting since Oct 08 and have received no word yet is just ludicrous.

All the best,
A.

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 pm

my colleague's husband is waiting since last july although he went for same day premium service but they kept his passport for further verifications and until now he havent heard anything bak yet ..now i hope this will give u much relief that urs is sent in november and not as long as him ...so keep ur fingers crossed !

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 pm

my colleague's husband is waiting since last july although he went for same day premium service but they kept his passport for further verifications and until now he havent heard anything bak yet ..now i hope this will give u much relief that urs is sent in november and not as long as him ...so keep ur fingers crossed !

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:52 pm

thanks for your suggestion.But it doesn't provide significant result.Some of my friends have sent about 12-15 faxes and response like we will get back to you in two weeks,still nothing.

In addition,local MP is good for nothing.They never help concerning this issue.Some of them even don't know what is PSW.MP asked me to apply for registration card what Polish people do.When i explained him that I am an overseas student,he answered he can't help me regarding this issue.Very funny.isn't it?

A

Post by A » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:59 pm

I guess I just feel it is better to try something, rather than sit around and wait. I am not certain my MP will be able to help, but it's worth a try. Also, just sending a fax won't necessarily help either, I know, but if you at least lodge a complaint then, if, in the future, you need to take further legal action, it will be on record that you officially complained. Like I said, better to do something, than nothing.

chilbuli - Your friend's case sounds horrendous. If I had been waiting since July, I would be taking legal action, rather than simply waiting. That's a very long time. I applied in Sept and am going mad but July is just insane. I would say something exceptional has happened (ie they have lost the file or passport or something!)

pakipower1

Post by pakipower1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:48 am

if there is any investigation going on then HO will keep applications on hold,wiil do a raid if evidence found,there may be a CCL part two/three....
HO is clearing backlog of sept-oct applications,people from listed colleges have started getting visas from 2nd week of march.

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:54 pm