ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Insurance as proof of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yinkuze

Insurance as proof of funds

Post by Yinkuze » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:21 pm

Hello

I just had my approval

I am on a 5-year 'investment plan' insurance policy ( now on its third year) and have approx 2,000 pounds saved.

I have written to my insurer that due to my plan to relocate to the UK, I will not be able to continue with the policy and wants it terminated.

I have a letter from the insurance coy saying its ok and that my money will be made available to me in about a month's time

I am applying for EC in 2 weeks,

is it ok to include the policy document and the letter from insurance as proof of funds

I have a low deposit in my bank account, but both funds will add up to 4000 pounds for single

do i have a problem here?
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:22 am

i dont think you have a problem.
but if you have assets like a car or land or even shares.
you may include this documents and say you will be disposing of them to add to your funds.

also include a list of ur likely spendings for the first 4 months
since u are single you can say u will be living in a shared house. thats about 60gbp per week with that im sure all your expenses wont be more than 500 gbp per month and with 4k it will last you for about 6-7 months.

Also do u have anyone willing to accomodate you initially. you can include a letter from that person, his status and utility bills.

i hope this helps
My bow has been renewed