ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just two blank pages left in my passport...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Just two blank pages left in my passport...

Post by ilr_hopeful » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 am

Hi All,

Not sure if this is relevant to this forum, but still...

I have just two empty pages in my passport and am applying for ILR soon... I spoke to my embassy, who said they can only issue a NEW passport, after cancelling this passport.

My current passport bears all my in-out stamps for all my travel... if I get a new passport, how do I support my claim of absenses? I have a photocopy of all the pages, but is it good enough for ILR?

Anyone has any experiences to share?

Thanks in advance.

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 pm

I just had one page when I got my ILR, So you should be good with two blank pages. If you still want to apply for a new one, they will return your old cancelled passport back to you when you get a new one. You then need to produce both your old and new passport for ILR. Hope that helps.

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_hopeful » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi, thanks for taking time out to reply.

Thats news indeed. I wasn't aware they returned the old passport. Infact, my earlier passport was completely revoked and I received a new one in its place. Ofcourse, there were no stamps in it, maybe thats why.

Do I need to request for a return or is it standard procedure?

Best Regards.

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:29 pm

You do not need to request your old passport. They are obliged to give it back to you if there is currently an active visa on it. All they do is tear the Edges on the first page and stamp a cancelled seal and return it back to you.

republique
BANNED

Re: Just two blank pages left in my passport...

Post by republique » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 pm

ilr_hopeful wrote:Hi All,

Not sure if this is relevant to this forum, but still...

I have just two empty pages in my passport and am applying for ILR soon... I spoke to my embassy, who said they can only issue a NEW passport, after cancelling this passport.

My current passport bears all my in-out stamps for all my travel... if I get a new passport, how do I support my claim of absenses? I have a photocopy of all the pages, but is it good enough for ILR?

Anyone has any experiences to share?

Thanks in advance.
sometimes you can ask for additional pages to be inserted in your passport, depends on the embassy

1963British

Before you renew

Post by 1963British » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:36 pm

That passport is your lifeline to the UK as an original document.

Not knowing what is your present Nationality, before you try to renew or add pages, I would spend the small amount of money, go to a Solicitor and have them make one or two certified copies of your entire passport, all pages front and back.

That way, if your Embassy should destroy or misplace your passport, you will be able to produce a certified copy from a UK Solicitor that has each copied page signed and dated.

The solicitor will literally copy the front and back of each page, including the cover page and back page, stamp it with an office, and sign their name and date with a statement that it is a true and correct copy.

You could even ask/pay for the Solicitor to start a file with a copy in it.

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_hopeful » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am

Well, I applied for and received a new passport on Friday along with my previous passport, now cancelled.

The process took 2 working days at the Indian Embassy in London. Reasonably efficient, hassle-free service and its worth the effort in my case, since I have to travel so often - although there are no in-out stamps in the UK, my passport gets stamped in Europe. So was always running a risk with just two blank pages.

Thanks republique for your inputs. 1963British, good suggestion that others in the forum might find useful. And ofcourse, thanks anjali_devi for your inputs - your two line statement prompted me to cancel one Europe trip and get this done.

Cheers.