ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Titre de Sejour

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beanie
Newly Registered

French Titre de Sejour

Post by beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:58 am

Hi there

I am a South African living in France. I have a French Titre de Sejour work permit. Will this be acceptable for entry into Germany as a tourist?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Gills

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:11 am

Have you ever driven across the border before? You will find that it is completely open with no checks made whatsoever.

In practice, from France, you will not encounter any problems travelling to any other Schengen state.
John

beanie
Newly Registered

Post by beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:57 am

I'll be flying in so can't avoid immigration....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:20 am

Why do you think there will be immigration checks?

For example last summer we flew from Barcelona, Spain to Copenhagen, Denmark. Both Spain and Denmark are of course part of the Schengen area. Photo ID, and yes it was passports, was used to check in, but after that, no immigration-style checks either in Barcelona or Copenhagen.

Exactly the same applied to Amsterdam to Barcelona, Copenhagen to Oslo, Oslo to Stockholm, and Stockholm to Amsterdam.

The only immigration-style checks (as distinct from checking in for the flights) were on landing in Amsterdam from Birmingham, that is on entering the Schengen area, and on flying back from Amsterdam to Birmingham, both on leaving Amsterdam and on getting back to Birmingham.

What Photo ID do you intend to use to check in for your flights?
John

beanie
Newly Registered

Post by beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:28 am

ooh, it sounds promising then. I only have my passport or SA drivers license so the passport it shall be.

I am always nervous when I travel that I will be refused entry for visa reasons but never have. Maybe it's just paranoia :roll:

Thaks for the advice, I feel a bit better now. Guess i just need to bite the bullet and go for it. Not too much else I can do since I fly this evening. Typical travel agent I leave everything to the last minute

:D Cheers

gani999

Post by gani999 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:45 am

John wrote:Have you ever driven across the border before? You will find that it is completely open with no checks made whatsoever.

In practice, from France, you will not encounter any problems travelling to any other Schengen state.
yes that is true, there are absolutely no checks on the road, or if you fly.

Beware while travelling on trains though. They check them quite often.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:57 am

Beanie, in order for a South African to enter a Schengen country you must have a visa in your passport. What does that visa say?

Although issued by France(?) does that visa mention the word "Schengen"?
John