ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Master Degree Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shiju31
India

Master Degree Requirement

Post by shiju31 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:54 am

I had submitted my application for Tier 1 General on 30th March. As i applied the application on a hurry, i missed out in recognizing that the university through which i did my Masters was also listed in the NARIC database as it was from different state.

I took Bachelor degree as my base to claim qualification points. I had framed Bachelor degree on the PBS and my cover letter to claim points.

I had submitted my MBA certificate though to show my MBA qualification.

As i am not assured on getting points on my earnings, am a bit concerned whether the case worker could identify my university for Masters to calculate points on their own even if this is not mentioned in PBS or cover letter as a base to earn point. Will they verify document on the basis of original handed with the NARIC database?

Please advise

dosknyppxpuxtg
Newly Registered

Re: Master Degree Requirement

Post by dosknyppxpuxtg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 am

Hi,

Let me get this straight: you only claimed points for your bachelors degree in the application form? In that case, the case worker would only use that as an evidence. The form itself has tick boxes for how you came to conclusion that the points you are claiming for your education qualification was verified:

K2. Please indicate the applicant’s method of verifying his/her qualifcation:
Qualifcation recognised on the points based calculator
Qualifcation not on the points based calculator, but a UK
NARIC letter and/or certifcate is enclosed
Qualifcation not on the points based calculator, but a letter
stating the UK academic equivalence from the relevant United Kingdom professional body is enclosed

So as long as you have provided the correct documents and ticked the right box, no need to worry.

The cover letter is not a requirement at all (I didn't see a single mention of it in the guidance form), so it doesn't matter if you made a mistake in it or not, but if its a mistake in the way you filled out your form, you should write/fax to UKBA as soon as your application acceptance confirmation comes in, just to make sure you get the right information in.

Hope that helps.

shiju31 wrote:I had submitted my application for Tier 1 General on 30th March. As i applied the application on a hurry, i missed out in recognizing that the university through which i did my Masters was also listed in the NARIC database as it was from different state.

I took Bachelor degree as my base to claim qualification points. I had framed Bachelor degree on the PBS and my cover letter to claim points.

I had submitted my MBA certificate though to show my MBA qualification.

As i am not assured on getting points on my earnings, am a bit concerned whether the case worker could identify my university for Masters to calculate points on their own even if this is not mentioned in PBS or cover letter as a base to earn point. Will they verify document on the basis of original handed with the NARIC database?

Please advise

shiju31
India

Post by shiju31 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 am

thanx for the quick reply.

i ticked as graduate on the form too, so i suppose in that sense what u said is correct, they will never care to check and see my MBA certificate.

Will they check on the basis of my fax or email now? Do u have the fax or email id in ur hand now? i will check and do this thing immediately as am sure the case worker must have not reviewed yet as this was just submitted a day before

shiju31
India

Post by shiju31 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am

anyone having the contact details for British High Commission India, I need to inform them about the changes in the application made. The originals are already submitted.

Please let me know if its possible