ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jniba
Newly Registered

Work permit

Post by jniba » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:10 am

I have a work permit which was issued in 2005 and is valid till 2010. I was working in the UK for 2.5 years. Left the UK in july 2007. Now I have been offered a new job in the UK with another employer. Is my work permit still valid to work in UK becuase it is valid till 2010? Will I have to apply again for a Work permit if I change employer? Will I have to apply for new category? Can I be working in the UK and apply for a new visa?
Laws have changed sence 2005.

Thanks

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:19 am

Your WP becomes invalid moment you leave the company which has sponsored you WP. If you are working for new company then you have to have new WP even though the WP is valid till 5 years from the old company.